Velocity Reviews

-   -   Searching for a XP64 driver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t716739-searching-for-a-xp64-driver.html)

Rainer 03-04-2010 02:19 PM

Searching for a XP64 driver

Hi there!

I want to install the HP DesignJet 600 plotter under Windows 7 64Bit.
Actually, the support of HP told me to install the 64Bit driver of XP (which
already is available within XP 64Bit), but the only driver they provide as
download is the driver for 32Bit and my Windows 7 refuses it (of course).

So I want to ask over here if someone having XP 64Bit could send me the
driver for the HP DesignJet 600 per mail or upload it somewhere. Would be
really great!

I would be really thankful for your help! :-)

Yours,
Rainer

Carlos 03-04-2010 03:01 PM

RE: Searching for a XP64 driver

Rainer,
Would these 64-bit Vista drivers apply to your printer?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...d=135&swLang=8
Carlos

Rainer 03-04-2010 06:56 PM

RE: Searching for a XP64 driver

Hi Carlos.

Thanks for your reply! Too bad that this page says that there's no download
available for vista. As soon as I click on "Obtain software", I get to a new
page telling me that the DesignJet 600 isn't supported anymore, so there's no
driver for vista x86 nor x64. Would have been too easy. :-)

Any other ideas?

Yours,
Rainer

Bobby Johnson 03-04-2010 07:31 PM

Re: Searching for a XP64 driver

According to the info @
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ctID=c00399190
there should be drivers in the XP x64 distribution.

Bobby Johnson 03-04-2010 07:33 PM

Re: Searching for a XP64 driver

P.S.

There does not appera to be any Designjet 600 drivers in Windows 7.
When you add a printer there is a Windows Update button. I clicked on
this and there it's not listed in the downloaded listing.

Carlos 03-04-2010 07:59 PM

RE: Searching for a XP64 driver

Hi,
Have you tried Windows Update?
My two old HP printers (HP5650 and HPXXXX) work with WU drivers.
Carlos

Juergen Kluth 03-06-2010 06:16 AM

Re: Searching for a XP64 driver

May be you find a (newer) hp-plotter, that has a driver and is
compatible to yours.

jk