Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco VPN Client (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t715314-cisco-vpn-client.html)

RG 02-17-2010 11:15 PM

Cisco VPN Client

I have cisco pix 501 firewall. Is there windows 64bit client?

Thanks in advance

Doug McIntyre 02-17-2010 11:55 PM

Re: Cisco VPN Client

"RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> writes:
>I have cisco pix 501 firewall. Is there windows 64bit client?

Nope.

Cisco isn't doing a 64-bit windows fullbore IPSec stack.

They have their AnyConnect stack, which requires newer hardware than a 501.
(and some SSL/VPN type setup stuff).

You can try the 3rd party clients. Greenbow, NCP or Shrew.

Blob 02-23-2010 02:05 AM

Re: Cisco VPN Client

On 2010-02-17 18:15:24 -0500, RG said:

> I have cisco pix 501 firewall. Is there windows 64bit client?

I've heard some rumors about Cisco developing an IPSEC client for 64bit PCs.

-Blob

Scott Lowe 02-23-2010 03:28 AM

Re: Cisco VPN Client

On 2010-02-17 18:15:24 -0500, RG said:

> I have cisco pix 501 firewall. Is there windows 64bit client?
>
> Thanks in advance

I have some co-workers who have been quite pleased with the Shrew VPN
client on 64-bit Windows:

<http://www.shrew.net>

I use a Mac, so I can't offer any personal feedback. Good luck!

--
Scott Lowe
Author, "Mastering VMware vSphere 4" and "VMware vSphere 4

Doug McIntyre 02-23-2010 05:24 AM

Re: Cisco VPN Client

Blob <usenet2@emailinbox.info> writes:
>On 2010-02-17 18:15:24 -0500, RG said:

>> I have cisco pix 501 firewall. Is there windows 64bit client?

>I've heard some rumors about Cisco developing an IPSEC client for 64bit PCs.

Yeah, came out a couple days after I posted of course, until that
point Cisco was saying no-no-no, not happening.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downl...dfid=281940730

5.BETA tree, vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0240-k9-BETA.exe

dmose 03-12-2010 10:33 PM

Re: Cisco VPN Client

On Feb 23, 12:24*am, Doug McIntyre <mer...@geeks.org> wrote:
> Blob <usen...@emailinbox.info> writes:
> >On 2010-02-17 18:15:24 -0500, RG said:
> >> I have cisco pix 501 firewall. *Is there windows 64bit client?

> >I've heard some rumors about Cisco developing an IPSEC client for 64bit PCs.

> Yeah, came out a couple days after I posted of course, until that
> point Cisco was saying no-no-no, not happening.
>
> http://tools.cisco.com/support/downl...dfid=281940730
>
> 5.BETA tree, vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0240-k9-BETA.exe

Please email me a link to to download this my network admin is on
vacation!
dimitri_c at sympatico dot ca