Velocity Reviews

-   -   OutOfMemoryException Error: Garbage Collector doesn't release memory to OS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t71481-outofmemoryexception-error-garbage-collector-doesnt-release-memory-to-os.html)

Pyramis 01-25-2004 04:37 PM

OutOfMemoryException Error: Garbage Collector doesn't release memory to OS

Sometimes (once or twice by day) ISS raise a out of memory exception and
get a dead lock state. I have seen that Garbage Collector doesnīt free
memory when i don't use it, so Virtual Bytes grow and my applications
don't work. The only thing i can do is restart ISS, but i would have to
take care of ISS all time.

Are there some patch that fix this or some solution for my problem??? In
the microsoft web i donīt have found anything.

I think the problem is that the used memory isnīt "marked" to Garbage
Collector release it to OS.

Thanks.

..