Velocity Reviews

-   -   firefox problem with flash (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t714791-firefox-problem-with-flash.html)

Giovanni \Darke\ 02-13-2010 08:17 AM

firefox problem with flash

on my firefox (both on ubuntu and on xp) i am able to fully watch some
web pages with an account, but not with another one.

i've been recently playing with shockwave installations.
before of that i haven't been able to view some web pages unless with
IETab plugin on (thing which wasn't available on linux). that's why i
got into trying to (re)install flash.

I don't know what i did, but thing is that i got some account into
working, and some still into not working.

what shall i try next? what shall i compare between the working and
not-working accounts?

i tried about:plugins or some plugin-check web pages but they all seem
ok the same.

thank you for any hint.

pete@invalid.com 03-02-2010 12:35 PM

Re: firefox problem with flash

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:17:35 GMT, "Giovanni \"Darke\""
<erdarke@gmail.com> wrote:

>on my firefox (both on ubuntu and on xp) i am able to fully watch some
>web pages with an account, but not with another one.
>
>i've been recently playing with shockwave installations.
>before of that i haven't been able to view some web pages unless with
>IETab plugin on (thing which wasn't available on linux). that's why i
>got into trying to (re)install flash.
>
>I don't know what i did, but thing is that i got some account into
>working, and some still into not working.
>

>what shall i try next? what shall i compare between the working and
>not-working accounts?
>
>i tried about:plugins or some plugin-check web pages but they all seem
>ok the same.
>

>thank you for any hint.

I cant help, but I wanted to comment. Flash content on webpages is
just useless garbage. I am really sick and tired of flash webpages.
The purpose of a webpage is to offer content. Either draw a person to
your business, product, or offer some educational content. NOT to
create slow loading bloated crap. Sure, flash can offer some features
not available using plain html pages, but at what price? I am finding
more and more sites who have their entire homepage a flash page. If
the page does not load, THEY are the loser, because they lose my
possible purchase or whatever they have to offer. I have no problem
with pages that have click on flash movies, but using flash as part of
the actual page is total trash. I have a slow dialup internet
connection, because I am not in a large city with options. Dialup is
all I can get, unless I want to pay a fortune for satellite, which I
do not. If I have to wait more than 2 or 3 minutes for a page to
load, I'll pass and move on to another site. Just my 2 cents....

Pete