Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   UK VOIP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f34-uk-voip.html)
-   -   Skype to SIP Gateway (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t714610-skype-to-sip-gateway.html)

John 02-11-2010 11:37 AM

Skype to SIP Gateway
 

I've been following the excellent tutorial provided by Graham to set
up a Skype to SIP Gateway, for use with a Skypephone S2.

http://www.skypegateway.webs.com/

However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
individual users. Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
set them up?

John



Mr Benn 02-11-2010 11:48 AM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 
"John" <e7y8a3c4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:3bp7n5dpm6dqiriaoq473r317g8b96g1un@4ax.com...
>
> I've been following the excellent tutorial provided by Graham to set
> up a Skype to SIP Gateway, for use with a Skypephone S2.
>
> http://www.skypegateway.webs.com/
>
> However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
> individual users. Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
> set them up?


Have you considered the SIP for Skype service?

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/busi...x-systems/sip/



Gordon Henderson 02-11-2010 12:41 PM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 
In article <hl0qpt$jlk$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
Mr Benn <nospam@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>"John" <e7y8a3c4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>news:3bp7n5dpm6dqiriaoq473r317g8b96g1un@4ax.com.. .
>>
>> I've been following the excellent tutorial provided by Graham to set
>> up a Skype to SIP Gateway, for use with a Skypephone S2.
>>
>> http://www.skypegateway.webs.com/
>>
>> However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
>> individual users. Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
>> set them up?

>
>Have you considered the SIP for Skype service?
>
>http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/busi...x-systems/sip/


It never ceases to amaze me the effort people will make just to get a
free phone call or 2! The gatway mentioned above really does take some
effort to put together, not to mention requiring a PC running all the
time, and the management of 2 different VoIP accounts!

The SIP to Skype services are all commercial - It's highly unlikely
people looking for a free gateway will pay 5.11 per month (inv VAT)
for such a service.

Gordon

Graham. 02-11-2010 06:21 PM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 


"Gordon Henderson" <gordon+usenet@drogon.net> wrote in message news:hl0ttu$1mod$1@energise.enta.net...
> In article <hl0qpt$jlk$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Mr Benn <nospam@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>"John" <e7y8a3c4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>news:3bp7n5dpm6dqiriaoq473r317g8b96g1un@4ax.com. ..
>>>
>>> I've been following the excellent tutorial provided by Graham to set
>>> up a Skype to SIP Gateway, for use with a Skypephone S2.
>>>
>>> http://www.skypegateway.webs.com/
>>>
>>> However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
>>> individual users. Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
>>> set them up?

>>
>>Have you considered the SIP for Skype service?
>>
>>http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/busi...x-systems/sip/

>
> It never ceases to amaze me the effort people will make just to get a
> free phone call or 2! The gatway mentioned above really does take some
> effort to put together, not to mention requiring a PC running all the
> time, and the management of 2 different VoIP accounts!


It's true my father was a canny Scott, consequently I am predisposed to watch the pennies,
but it seems to me that the ability to make calls at Betamax rates from a PAYG mobile
with no credit is worth leaving your home PC on for, especially if it was going to
run 24/7 for other reasons.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%



Steve Terry 02-11-2010 08:28 PM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 
"Graham." <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:hl1hre$m53$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> "Gordon Henderson" <gordon+usenet@drogon.net> wrote in message
> news:hl0ttu$1mod$1@energise.enta.net...
>> In article <hl0qpt$jlk$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> Mr Benn <nospam@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>"John" <e7y8a3c4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>>news:3bp7n5dpm6dqiriaoq473r317g8b96g1un@4ax.com ...
>>>>
>>>> I've been following the excellent tutorial provided by Graham to set
>>>> up a Skype to SIP Gateway, for use with a Skypephone S2.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.skypegateway.webs.com/
>>>>
>>>> However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
>>>> individual users. Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
>>>> set them up?
>>>
>>>Have you considered the SIP for Skype service?
>>>http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/busi...x-systems/sip/

>>
>> It never ceases to amaze me the effort people will make just to get a
>> free phone call or 2! The gatway mentioned above really does take some
>> effort to put together, not to mention requiring a PC running all the
>> time, and the management of 2 different VoIP accounts!

>
> It's true my father was a canny Scott, consequently I am predisposed to
> watch the pennies,
> but it seems to me that the ability to make calls at Betamax rates from a
> PAYG mobile
> with no credit is worth leaving your home PC on for, especially if it was
> going to
> run 24/7 for other reasons.
> Graham.
>
>

Can't argue with that, but as John said, got an alternative to Orbtalk
for a cheap or free phone number?

Anyone?

Steve Terry
--
Get a free Three 3pay Sim with 2 bonus after 10 top up
http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276




Paulg0 02-11-2010 08:41 PM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 

"Steve Terry" <gfourwwk@tesco.net> wrote in message
news:hl1pat$sr5$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>

> Can't argue with that, but as John said, got an alternative to Orbtalk
> for a cheap or free phone number?
>
> Anyone?
>
> Steve Terry
>


http://www.coms.com/numbers.html

Paul


Graham. 02-11-2010 08:58 PM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 


"John" <e7y8a3c4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:3bp7n5dpm6dqiriaoq473r317g8b96g1un@4ax.com...
>
> I've been following the excellent tutorial provided by Graham to set
> up a Skype to SIP Gateway, for use with a Skypephone S2.
>
> http://www.skypegateway.webs.com/
>
> However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
> individual users. Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
> set them up?
>
> John


Mmm, ISWYM.
This is bad news I just tried calling a Sipgate and a Tesco account by SIP URI
and confirmed that it doesn't work.
__But_ just_a_ minute__
the solution has been here all along an I failed to see it
The Betamax trunk we are using for outgoing calls... no reason at all why
we shouldn't use it for the incoming leg as well, and I know you can call it
by URI.
In short, I have overcomplicated the project unnecessarily.
So, get rid of the Orbtalk trunk and its corresponding inbound route in pbxes,
and simply create a new inbound route with the same name as the Betamax trunk,
and send it to "callthrough PIN"

The entry in SkypeToSisAuth.props will now look something like this:
*,sip:smartvoipaccountname@sip.smartvoip.com:5060

or replace the * with the Skype name if you want to limit it to known users, (which you will).
I will update http://skypegateway.webs.com when I get time.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%



andy 02-11-2010 11:43 PM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 
On 11 Feb, 20:58, "Graham." <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> Mmm, ISWYM.
> This is bad news I just tried calling a Sipgate and a Tesco account by SIP URI
> and confirmed that it doesn't work.
> __But_ just_a_ minute__
> the solution has been here all along an I failed to see it
> The Betamax trunk we are using for outgoing calls... no reason at all why
> we shouldn't use it for the incoming leg as well, and I know you can call it
> by URI.
> In short, I have overcomplicated the project unnecessarily.
> So, get rid of the Orbtalk trunk and its corresponding inbound route in pbxes,
> and simply create a new inbound route with the same name as the Betamax trunk,
> and send it to "callthrough PIN"


Try it, but like Sipgate, Betamax brands do not accept incoming calls
to the SIP URI from all or even that many providers

It would be good to get this going without a PC running. I think it's
possible.

Steve Terry 02-12-2010 12:18 AM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 
"andy" <andy.ggrps@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:f8f4b34f-6964-4278-9a7e-3aa700bd476c@f34g2000yqc.googlegroups.com...
> On 11 Feb, 20:58, "Graham." <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> Mmm, ISWYM.
>> This is bad news I just tried calling a Sipgate and a Tesco account by
>> SIP URI
>> and confirmed that it doesn't work.
>> __But_ just_a_ minute__
>> the solution has been here all along an I failed to see it
>> The Betamax trunk we are using for outgoing calls... no reason at all why
>> we shouldn't use it for the incoming leg as well, and I know you can call
>> it
>> by URI.
>> In short, I have overcomplicated the project unnecessarily.
>> So, get rid of the Orbtalk trunk and its corresponding inbound route in
>> pbxes,
>> and simply create a new inbound route with the same name as the Betamax
>> trunk,
>> and send it to "callthrough PIN"

>
> Try it, but like Sipgate, Betamax brands do not accept incoming calls
> to the SIP URI from all or even that many providers
>

I suspected that might be the case
>
> It would be good to get this going without a PC running. I think it's
> possible.
>
>

An indirect provider could supply a call-back service to a Skype call,
like rebtel
http://blog.rebtel.com/2009/12/03/re...omputer-calls/



The problem is finding one that will do it cheaply



Steve Terry
--
Get a free Three 3pay Sim with 2 bonus after 10 top up
http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276



Graham. 02-12-2010 12:23 AM

Re: Skype to SIP Gateway
 


"andy" <andy.ggrps@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:f8f4b34f-6964-4278-9a7e-3aa700bd476c@f34g2000yqc.googlegroups.com...
> On 11 Feb, 20:58, "Graham." <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> Mmm, ISWYM.
>> This is bad news I just tried calling a Sipgate and a Tesco account by SIP URI
>> and confirmed that it doesn't work.
>> __But_ just_a_ minute__
>> the solution has been here all along an I failed to see it
>> The Betamax trunk we are using for outgoing calls... no reason at all why
>> we shouldn't use it for the incoming leg as well, and I know you can call it
>> by URI.
>> In short, I have overcomplicated the project unnecessarily.
>> So, get rid of the Orbtalk trunk and its corresponding inbound route in pbxes,
>> and simply create a new inbound route with the same name as the Betamax trunk,
>> and send it to "callthrough PIN"

>
> Try it, but like Sipgate, Betamax brands do not accept incoming calls
> to the SIP URI from all or even that many providers


The call is not coming from a provider, its origanated in the SIP client running on the PC
>
> It would be good to get this going without a PC running. I think it's
> possible.

It's certainly possible, you've just got to ask what's in it for those hosting such
a system in a data-centre.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.