Velocity Reviews

-   -   Putty Software Automatically Open (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t713995-putty-software-automatically-open.html)

Tony No Baloney 02-05-2010 12:11 PM

Putty Software Automatically Open

I am using the Putty software to run UNIX on a network.

I know how to have Putty automatically show the name of the host name
that I want to connect to upon
starting.

How do I get Putty to click the "open" button so it does this
automatically upon starting?

Desk Rabbit 02-05-2010 12:58 PM

Re: Putty Software Automatically Open

On 05/02/2010 12:11, Tony No Baloney wrote:
> I am using the Putty software to run UNIX on a network.

Huh? Putty is a client not a *NIX host.

> I know how to have Putty automatically show the name of the host name
> that I want to connect to upon
> starting.

Good for you.

> How do I get Putty to click the "open" button so it does this
> automatically upon starting?

Huh?

I think what you really mean to say is "What is the command line option
to get putty to automatically connect to a host when I run it?"

The answer to that is to read the documentation on the Putty site.

(Sigh) OK here's the link to the exact page:-

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/...#using-cmdline

Dan C 02-05-2010 02:01 PM

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 04:11:31 -0800, Tony No Baloney wrote:

> I am using the Putty software to run UNIX on a network.

Ummmmmm.... No, you're not.

> I know how to have Putty automatically show the name of the host name
> that I want to connect to upon starting.

Nice.

> How do I get Putty to click the "open" button so it does this
> automatically upon starting?

Putty is not capable of "clicking" anything. Sorry.

There are ways to do what you want. You'll have to start by reading some
documentation for Putty.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

chuckcar 02-05-2010 07:35 PM

Re: Putty Software Automatically Open

Tony No Baloney <tonyrulesyall@yahoo.com> wrote in news:48c20829-6160-48a2-
a7c7-ebae4ff9b78c@36g2000yqu.googlegroups.com:

> I am using the Putty software to run UNIX on a network.
>
> I know how to have Putty automatically show the name of the host name
> that I want to connect to upon
> starting.
>
> How do I get Putty to click the "open" button so it does this
> automatically upon starting?

ROFL. Why does this post and it's content/poster's name not surprise me one
bit. Completely clueless as always deli man.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

John Wunderlich 02-05-2010 08:31 PM

Re: Putty Software Automatically Open

Tony No Baloney <tonyrulesyall@yahoo.com> wrote in news:48c20829-6160-
48a2-a7c7-ebae4ff9b78c@36g2000yqu.googlegroups.com:

> I am using the Putty software to run UNIX on a network.
>
> I know how to have Putty automatically show the name of the host name
> that I want to connect to upon
> starting.
>
> How do I get Putty to click the "open" button so it does this
> automatically upon starting?

Right-click on the desktop, then select: New -> Shortcut
Then click on the "Browse" button and navigate to your PuTTY folder and
select "Plink". When you return, the path will be in the window.
Insert a space after the path and insert the Session name you want to
start up after the plink path. Then click "Next" and give your
shortcut a name. To start your session, double-click on the shortcut.

HTH,
John