Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t713131-problem-on-windows-xp-pro-x64bit-and-system-registry-hive-file.html)

Horsepower 01-28-2010 09:56 AM

Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file.

I am italian, but I haven't received no response in italian newsgroup...

I have the following computer:
OS: Win XPpro Corporate x64Bit
CPU: Core2Quad Q9650
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 4GB CL6
HDD: CaviarBlue 500GB WD x3
VGA: Sparkle GeForce 9400GT 512MB

I installed various graphics programs such 3DSMAX9 x32 and x64Bit
Maya 2010
Entire suite Adobe CS4 Master Collection
Nero Reloaded 9
Office
etc. ...

A few days I have bought online in more than 2 memory modules (for
achieve the 8GB total) identical to the DDR2 memory that I had and
namely:

2GB Module 1: Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G; 6-6-6-18; 1.8Volt, Marc 007 ADOLF
2GB Module 1: Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G; 6-6-6-18; 1.8Volt, Marc 013 ADOLF

Even the first two modules that I had already been marked in this way.

The problem :
I added the memory, started Windows XP, access to the user account, I get an
error message:

"Registry Hive (file): SOFTWARE was corrupted and it as been recovered. Some
data might have been lost."

So I deleted the Windows partition, I formatted NTFS, and I
reinstall Windows with a different version remedied in English, with
Service Pack 2 included.
After you log on to Windows same thing:
Error message!

I suspected that they were defective the 2 new memory module purchased.

Thus, I have done so since memtest86 + from evening until the night with
all tests with words:
--- Pass Complete, no errors, press Esc to exit ---

Now I do not know what to do!

-What must I do to avoid this fatal error message?
-What do you advise?

Thank you.
Horsepower.

Carlos 01-28-2010 01:15 PM

RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file.

Hi,
Some motherboards don't seem to like their memory slots fully populated at
800 MHz.
Try reducing memory speed in BIOS to 667 Mhz and see what happens.
Also, my memory is a little rusty regarding XP x64 but I think there were
issues when running it with 8 GB RAM.
Carlos

Horsepower 01-29-2010 02:10 PM

RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

Thanks you very much Carlos !
I have decreased the FSB/DRAM Ratio to 667MHz.
Now it works perfectly without error message with 8GB of RAM!
Carlos, you are very Big person...

Horsepower 01-30-2010 07:38 PM

RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

I was happy, now I'm sad:

I have decreased the FSB/DRAM Ratio to 667MHz.
The error message "Hive Registry...", with 8GB of RAM installed no longer
appears!
But sometimes the PC crash with a blue screen and a serious error:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.
disk.sys
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed...
Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
Press F8>Advanced Startup Option>Select Safe Mode..."

1) What it mean this error?
2) What it mean without "caching or shadowing"?

I am desperate!
What I can do?

Carlos 01-30-2010 08:03 PM

RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

Hi,
You will have to resort to your motherboard manual where you will find where
those settings are and how to disable them.
Speaking of motherboards...
Have you updated its BIOS to the latest version.
Usually this issues get sorted out after flashing the BIOS.
Ask for a friend or technician help if you are not comfortable with the
flashing procedure.
:)
Carlos

umwhat 02-05-2010 03:50 AM

RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

....and maybe you installed another hard drive and did not set the jumpers
properly for Master and Slave or there is a loose cable, maybe the CMOS
battery is low on voltage.

......it takes me 5 days to restore a PC from a no boot "NTLDR is missing"
error message on a blank screen to a quick Windows XP Home Edition SP3
computer.......and my low paying customers go away happy.

--
....scribble scribble scribble...

John Barnes 02-06-2010 05:56 PM

Re: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

Perhaps if you learned to fix the boot.ini to point to the NTLDR you could
fix the problem in a few minutes.

John Barnes 02-06-2010 06:14 PM

Re: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

Or change the boot order in the BIOS