Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windows 64bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f46-windows-64bit.html)
-   -   how do i share media in windows 7 ultimate? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t713106-how-do-i-share-media-in-windows-7-ultimate.html)

Buggs1a 01-28-2010 02:39 AM

how do i share media in windows 7 ultimate?
 
Hi. I've got a pc with windows 7 ultimate x64. I've got a ps3 and xbox
360 I need to stream all my audio and video to. I used to have vista
ultimate and this worked fine. It was very easy to set up. I just right
clicked on hard drive c and shared it. I enabled the media streaming in
media player and told it to share the c drive as well as a few
individual folders. My ps3 and xbox 360 worked fine just from that. I
would go to the myxbox pane on it and select video. It saw the pc and I
could browse videos and music etc. I did the same thing from my ps3 and
it also had no problems accessing and playing music and video.

How do I do this in windows 7 ultimate? It's totally different and much
harder. I've tried sharing my c drive and enabling the streaming in
media player yet it does not work on ps3 or xbox 360 even after allowing
all devices without confirmation from media player. I allow all devices.
I've even tried sharing the video library and adding the c drive and
individual folders and still nothing.

Barb Bowman 01-28-2010 09:19 AM

Re: how do i share media in windows 7 ultimate?
 
I responded to your other post, but start at
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...s-Media-Player
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...atures/play-to


On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:39:39 -0800, Buggs1a <f@w.com> wrote:

>Hi. I've got a pc with windows 7 ultimate x64. I've got a ps3 and xbox
>360 I need to stream all my audio and video to. I used to have vista
>ultimate and this worked fine. It was very easy to set up. I just right
>clicked on hard drive c and shared it. I enabled the media streaming in
>media player and told it to share the c drive as well as a few
>individual folders. My ps3 and xbox 360 worked fine just from that. I
>would go to the myxbox pane on it and select video. It saw the pc and I
>could browse videos and music etc. I did the same thing from my ps3 and
>it also had no problems accessing and playing music and video.
>
>How do I do this in windows 7 ultimate? It's totally different and much
>harder. I've tried sharing my c drive and enabling the streaming in
>media player yet it does not work on ps3 or xbox 360 even after allowing
>all devices without confirmation from media player. I allow all devices.
>I've even tried sharing the video library and adding the c drive and
>individual folders and still nothing.

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

Buggs1a 01-29-2010 06:44 AM

Re: how do i share media in windows 7 ultimate?
 
On 1/28/10 1:19 AM, Barb Bowman wrote:
> I responded to your other post, but start at
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...s-Media-Player
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...atures/play-to
>
>
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:39:39 -0800, Buggs1a<f@w.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi. I've got a pc with windows 7 ultimate x64. I've got a ps3 and xbox
>> 360 I need to stream all my audio and video to. I used to have vista
>> ultimate and this worked fine. It was very easy to set up. I just right
>> clicked on hard drive c and shared it. I enabled the media streaming in
>> media player and told it to share the c drive as well as a few
>> individual folders. My ps3 and xbox 360 worked fine just from that. I
>> would go to the myxbox pane on it and select video. It saw the pc and I
>> could browse videos and music etc. I did the same thing from my ps3 and
>> it also had no problems accessing and playing music and video.
>>
>> How do I do this in windows 7 ultimate? It's totally different and much
>> harder. I've tried sharing my c drive and enabling the streaming in
>> media player yet it does not work on ps3 or xbox 360 even after allowing
>> all devices without confirmation from media player. I allow all devices.
>> I've even tried sharing the video library and adding the c drive and
>> individual folders and still nothing.

> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP
> http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com



Ok cool, thanks.
On my xbox I can click on video and it shows 3 folders , but not
everything on my pc. I need to be able to access (all) audio and video
from my ps3 and 360, but no clue how to get it all to show up. That
article you linked to didn't say anything about that.

Barb Bowman 01-29-2010 08:50 AM

Re: how do i share media in windows 7 ultimate?
 
see my post in the other group.

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:44:19 -0800, Buggs1a <f@w.com> wrote:

>On my xbox I can click on video and it shows 3 folders , but not
>everything on my pc. I need to be able to access (all) audio and video
>from my ps3 and 360, but no clue how to get it all to show up. That
>article you linked to didn't say anything about that.

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.