Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   VHDL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f18-vhdl.html)
-   -   [Help request] VHDL to Graphics (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t712865-help-request-vhdl-to-graphics.html)

Netlopa 01-25-2010 07:41 PM

[Help request] VHDL to Graphics
 
Hi!

I am a newbie on this language.
I am studing VHDL for the university because i've a exam next week ;)
Do you know a program that convert the VHDL source code into a visual
representation?

I'm asking you this, because i have 2 type of exercises:
-Coding from a given architecture
-Transform code into a graphical representation (and this is the problem
because i can't verify if I've done the exercise well).

Thank you in advance!

Netlopa

Mike Treseler 01-25-2010 08:48 PM

Re: [Help request] VHDL to Graphics
 
Netlopa wrote:

> Do you know a program that convert the VHDL source code into a visual
> representation?


Quartus rtl viewer.

Code =
http://mysite.verizon.net/miketreseler/stack.vhd
Schematic=
http://mysite.verizon.net/miketreseler/stack.pdf


-- Mike Treseler

backhus 01-26-2010 06:41 AM

Re: VHDL to Graphics
 
On 25 Jan., 20:41, Netlopa <netlopaNOS...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am a newbie on this language.
> I am studing VHDL for the university because i've a exam next week ;)
> Do you know a program that convert the VHDL source code into a visual
> representation?
>
> I'm asking you this, because i have 2 type of exercises:
> -Coding from a given architecture
> -Transform code into a graphical representation (and this is the problem
> because i can't verify if I've done the exercise well).
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Netlopa


Hi,
besides the various RTL-viewers that come with the synthesis tools
there are also tools that do much more.
e.g. Mentor Graphics HDL Designer.
It can convert a HDL source into various types of graphical
representation:
- Block charts / schematics
- State diagrams
- Flow Charts

Have a nice synthesis
Eilert

Tricky 01-26-2010 08:27 AM

Re: VHDL to Graphics
 
On 25 Jan, 19:41, Netlopa <netlopaNOS...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am a newbie on this language.
> I am studing VHDL for the university because i've a exam next week ;)
> Do you know a program that convert the VHDL source code into a visual
> representation?
>
> I'm asking you this, because i have 2 type of exercises:
> -Coding from a given architecture
> -Transform code into a graphical representation (and this is the problem
> because i can't verify if I've done the exercise well).
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Netlopa


Quartus does have a block diagram editor, and it can convert the
graphics into simple VHDL and vice versa. Its BDF files can only be
compiled in Quartus though.

In almost all real engineering, the architectural diagrams come before
any coding starts.

Mike Treseler 01-26-2010 03:40 PM

Re: VHDL to Graphics
 
Tricky wrote:

> In almost all real engineering, the architectural diagrams come before
> any coding starts.


But there is much working legacy code
that has no such diagrams,
and an RTL viewer is a leg up.

-- Mike Treseler

Mike Treseler 05-02-2011 06:20 AM

Re: [Help request] VHDL to Graphics
 
On 5/1/2011 9:49 PM, Harrell31Ola wrote:
>
> [Help request] VHDL to Graphics


> freelance writer


[Answer] Quartus Web Editon, RTL Viewer

freelance reader


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.