Velocity Reviews

-   -   German Internet Security Office warning about IE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t712227-german-internet-security-office-warning-about-ie.html)

Peter 01-19-2010 08:23 AM

German Internet Security Office warning about IE

"The German Office for Information Security (BSI) says Windows operating
systems are at risk as a result of security gaps in Microsoft's Internet
Explorer web browser. The BSI recommended against using versions 6, 7 and 8
of Internet Explorer on operating systems XP, Vista and Windows 7 until the
programming faults had been corrected."
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,5132998,00.html

Sweetpea 01-19-2010 09:21 AM

Re: German Internet Security Office warning about IE

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:23:08 +1300, Peter wrote:

> "The German Office for Information Security (BSI) says Windows operating
> systems are at risk as a result of security gaps in Microsoft's Internet
> Explorer web browser. The BSI recommended against using versions 6, 7
> and 8 of Internet Explorer on operating systems XP, Vista and Windows 7
> until the programming faults had been corrected."
> http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,5132998,00.html

Perhaps this is why M$ has not released a 64bit version of Silverlight for M$ Internet Explorer -
because M$ is struggling to fix all the security flaws in M$IE.

I can't think of any other good reason why M$ wouldn't properly support its own software other than its
own sheer inability to do so!