Velocity Reviews

-   -   No connection with WPA PSK - TKIP protection in Vista (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t711548-no-connection-with-wpa-psk-tkip-protection-in-vista.html)

Mike 01-12-2010 11:13 AM

No connection with WPA PSK - TKIP protection in Vista

Despite all the efforts, I have not been able to connect to a router that has a WPA PSK -
TKIP protection. I am using Windows Vista. I have read that this is one of Vista's
unresolved issues, and a registry key change is the only way to fix it. Is it true ? Is
there a workaround ?? Some help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Mike

Jack [MVP-Networking] 01-12-2010 06:40 PM

Re: No connection with WPA PSK - TKIP protection in Vista

Hi
Maybe this can Help,
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/928233/en-us
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

Mike 01-12-2010 07:34 PM

Re: No connection with WPA PSK - TKIP protection in Vista

Thanks, Jack, I'll give it a try.

Mike 01-12-2010 07:41 PM

Re: No connection with WPA PSK - TKIP protection in Vista

I tried to get to the registry path mentioned in the Microsoft article but I got stuck in
the "GUID" thread: how do I know which one is which ?? There are many keys coded in hex
values. :-(

Pavel A. 01-16-2010 03:34 AM

Re: No connection with WPA PSK - TKIP protection in Vista

If you can get dhcp from that router without security,
probably the registry issue is not relevant.
--pa

KWook125 02-19-2011 02:41 AM

I am having the same problem, however this did not fix my issue!

Helper Class (RNWF MSM Helper Class) Event:

Wireless Diagnostic Helper Class Event

For complete information about this session see the Wireless Diagnostic Informational Event.

Helper Class: Native WiFi MSM
Initialize status: Success

Information for connection being diagnosed
Interface GUID: 899bfcb3-9a85-4da9-baf2-2ca9ef830154
Interface name: Atheros AR5008X Wireless Network Adapter
Interface type: Native WiFi
Profile: Discovery connection
SSID: RHP 06B
SSID length: 7
Connection mode: Infra
Security: Yes
Connect even if network is not broadcasting: No

Result of diagnosis: Problem found

Root cause:
Windows cannot connect to "RHP 06B"
Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.

Detailed root cause:
802.11 connection failed due to status code 1: unspecified failure

Repair option:
Try connecting to "RHP 06B" again
If the problem continues, contact your network administrator or hardware manufacturer for further assistance.

Event Verbosity:0

I have tried many suggested fixes, but nothing has worked thus far!

Fixes attempted: Driver uninstall, reinstall; bios flash; base engine filtering; auto tuning; hkey registry fix

Machine is a Toshiba Satellite A215 running Vista Home Premium. Router is WPA TPIK encrypted.