Velocity Reviews

-   -   TV set PTC obtaining. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t711411-tv-set-ptc-obtaining.html)

Richard 01-11-2010 05:54 AM

TV set PTC obtaining.

The one in it is stuffed - no degauss.

Has 3 legs

Labeled

MZ73G
18RM

All the other ones I have replaced have been 2 pin.

So I cant find this part for sale anywhere that does one offs, is there
an equivalent I can sub in that is easily obtained?

The schematic I found makes it look like 2 PTCs internal to the one
case, but I have no idea on the values of each of them.

Also this TV seems to leave the PTC live all the time. Others I have
used have had a triac to power it up only when needed. Perhaps thats why
its a different one?

Mary Hanna 01-11-2010 07:49 AM

Re: TV set PTC obtaining.

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:54:45 +1300, Richard <rich@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>The one in it is stuffed - no degauss.
>
>Has 3 legs
>
>Labeled
>
>MZ73G
>18RM
>
>All the other ones I have replaced have been 2 pin.
>
>So I cant find this part for sale anywhere that does one offs, is there
>an equivalent I can sub in that is easily obtained?
>
>The schematic I found makes it look like 2 PTCs internal to the one
>case, but I have no idea on the values of each of them.
>
>Also this TV seems to leave the PTC live all the time. Others I have
>used have had a triac to power it up only when needed. Perhaps thats why
>its a different one?

3 legged ones are normal these days, one part is a heater Plus they are
always on..

Try Tradetech

http://www.tradetech.co.nz/

The resistance is important and does depend on the CRT size.

So you will to get the correct one.

Richard 01-11-2010 08:10 AM

Re: TV set PTC obtaining.

Mary Hanna wrote:
> 3 legged ones are normal these days, one part is a heater Plus they are
> always on..
>
> Try Tradetech
>

> http://www.tradetech.co.nz/
>
> The resistance is important and does depend on the CRT size.
>

> So you will to get the correct one.

This one says 18 ohms on it, its from a 28".

No luck on their site, will call them tomorrow.

DaveD 01-11-2010 09:38 AM

Re: TV set PTC obtaining.

Richard wrote:
> Mary Hanna wrote:
>> 3 legged ones are normal these days, one part is a heater Plus they are
>> always on..
>>
>> Try Tradetech
>>

>> http://www.tradetech.co.nz/
>>
>> The resistance is important and does depend on the CRT size.
>>

>> So you will to get the correct one.

> This one says 18 ohms on it, its from a 28".
>
> No luck on their site, will call them tomorrow.

Have the make, model number and version handy so they can cross
reference if necessary.