Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   MCSE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f25-mcse.html)
-   -   MCSE2003 to MCITP-Enterprise (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t710535-mcse2003-to-mcitp-enterprise.html)

ikky 01-02-2010 08:43 PM

MCSE2003 to MCITP-Enterprise
 
Hi Guys and Gals,

Can anyone let me know what test(s) I need to take to change a MCSE2003
Certification to MCITP (Enterprise Admin)?

Thanks in advance...

John R 01-02-2010 10:21 PM

Re: MCSE2003 to MCITP-Enterprise
 

"ikky" <ikky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:667C0957-55B3-482C-A913-63FC5F27EF4E@microsoft.com...
> Hi Guys and Gals,
>
> Can anyone let me know what test(s) I need to take to change a MCSE2003
> Certification to MCITP (Enterprise Admin)?
>
> Thanks in advance...


So, you have MCSE 2003 and you *don't* know how to find this information?
Wow... Just wow!

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...mcse.aspx#tab4

Click on the 'Upgrade Paths' link.

John R.



ikky 01-04-2010 08:15 AM

Re: MCSE2003 to MCITP-Enterprise
 
"John R" wrote:
>
> So, you have MCSE 2003 and you *don't* know how to find this information?
> Wow... Just wow!
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...mcse.aspx#tab4
>
> Click on the 'Upgrade Paths' link.
>
> John R.


Sure, I saw that. Doesn't mean that that is the only way to 'upgrade' to
MCITP-EA.
Thanks for the response.

John R 01-06-2010 01:55 AM

Re: MCSE2003 to MCITP-Enterprise
 

"ikky" <ikky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:91672A47-9E03-4338-8C61-A9DBA1CBD795@microsoft.com...
> "John R" wrote:
>>
>> So, you have MCSE 2003 and you *don't* know how to find this information?
>> Wow... Just wow!
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...mcse.aspx#tab4
>>
>> Click on the 'Upgrade Paths' link.
>>
>> John R.

>
> Sure, I saw that. Doesn't mean that that is the only way to 'upgrade' to
> MCITP-EA.
> Thanks for the response.


I guess my question then is, what is your definition of "upgrade"?

My definition would be to take less tests than what would normally be
required from scratch to achieve the same result, based on the fact that you
already have MCSE.

If you look at the requirements page for MCITP:EA, you'll see that you need
4 TSs, 3 of which you can earn by taking 70-649 (or you can take those three
separately, hardly an 'upgrade').

After that, you'll need 70-620 or 70-624 or 70-680. As part of your MCSE
you may or may not already have one of those.

Then, the last requirement would be the Pro exam, 70-647.

So, if you follow that page, to earn MCITP:EA from MCSE, you'll need 2 tests
for sure, plus one more if you don't already have that. The normal path to
MCITP:EA without MCSE would be six tests (since 70-647 is useless without
MCSE).

You claim that (though inference) there might be another way to 'upgrade'.
If there was a shorter path, don't you think Microsoft would have published
it on the page?

If your definition of 'upgrade' is simply obtaining MCITP:EA, you can see
that there are multiple paths, the shortest of which is 2 or 3 tests, the
longest of which is 6.

I'm not trying to be a wise arse, but what more information did you need or
think you'd find since all of the information you need is right there on
that page? Had you already seen that, as you claim, you would not have
asked your question as you did.

Further, a quick glance at your certification planner would have also
supplied all of the answers/options to your question prior to your asking.
You do know where to find that, don't you?

John R.



John R 01-07-2010 03:07 AM

Re: MCSE2003 to MCITP-Enterprise
 

"John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
news:eSGBNNnjKHA.5524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> If you look at the requirements page for MCITP:EA, you'll see that you
> need 4 TSs, 3 of which you can earn by taking 70-649 (or you can take
> those three separately, hardly an 'upgrade').
>

... snip ..
>
> So, if you follow that page, to earn MCITP:EA from MCSE, you'll need 2
> tests for sure, plus one more if you don't already have that. The normal
> path to MCITP:EA without MCSE would be six tests (since 70-647 is useless
> without MCSE).
>


Obviously, I meant 70-649 is useless without MCSE. Typo, sorry.

John R.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.