Velocity Reviews

-   -   Delegation - what are the performance implications? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t71008-delegation-what-are-the-performance-implications.html)

Mark 01-20-2004 02:40 PM

Delegation - what are the performance implications?

We're using delegation in our ASP.NET application to connect to a SQL Server
that is on the same hub as our IIS 6 web server. What are the performance
implications of using Delegation rather than giving rights to the ASP.NET
account to connect to our SQL Server? I've read that connection pooling
becomes useless if we use delegation since each connection pool is user
specific. Assume we'll never have more than 30 simultaneous connections -
what are the performance implications?

Thanks in advance.

Mark