Velocity Reviews

-   -   Does W7 support Usenet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t710015-does-w7-support-usenet.html)

Mary Hanna 12-28-2009 07:06 AM

Does W7 support Usenet

Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.

And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..

I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly Total
Crap..

EMB 12-28-2009 07:29 AM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

Mary Hanna wrote:

> Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
>
> And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
>
> I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly Total
> Crap..

You're a lazy, trolling, senile, obnoxious old **** Woger, but I'll
still do you the favour of a real answer.

http://tinyurl.com/ycbsags

~misfit~ 12-28-2009 07:45 AM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
> Mary Hanna wrote:
>>
>> Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
>>
>> And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
>>
>> I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours
>> utterly Total Crap..
>>

> You're a lazy, trolling, senile, obnoxious old **** Woger, but I'll
> still do you the favour of a real answer.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ycbsags

LOL! Don't hold back mate, tell him what you really think!

;-)
--
Shaun.

Donchano 12-28-2009 07:54 AM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:06:57 +1300, Mary Hanna <maryh@yahoo.co.cn>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
>
>And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
>
>I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly Total
>Crap..

Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
comment.

Carnations 12-28-2009 08:48 AM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:54:19 +1300, Donchano wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:06:57 +1300, Mary Hanna <maryh@yahoo.co.cn>
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>

>>Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
>>
>>And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
>>
>>I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly
>>Total Crap..

> Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
> comment.

And besides that, why should an OS support NNTP? Isn't that an application level thing?

trueone 12-28-2009 03:56 PM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

"Mary Hanna" <maryh@yahoo.co.cn> wrote in message

> Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
>
> And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
>
> I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly
> Total
> Crap..

Windows Live Mail does support usenet. I use it on a computer that came
with windows 7. I like Windows Live Mail but didnt like Windows Live
Hotmail.

Donchano 12-28-2009 10:00 PM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <geoff@nospampaf.co.nz>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Donchano wrote:
>

>> Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
>> comment.

>Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or something ?
>
>geoff

If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.

Enkidu 12-28-2009 10:14 PM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

Donchano wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <geoff@nospampaf.co.nz>
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>> Donchano wrote:
>>
>>> Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
>>> comment.

>> Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or something ?
>>
>> geoff

> If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
> have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
> Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.

Yeah, the 'news' that it reads is collectively known as 'Usenet'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

Cheers,

Cliff

Donchano 12-28-2009 10:39 PM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:14:50 +1300, Enkidu <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Donchano wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <geoff@nospampaf.co.nz>
>> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>> Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or something ?
>>>
>>> geoff

>> If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
>> have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
>> Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.
> >

>Yeah, the 'news' that it reads is collectively known as 'Usenet'.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

I'm at a loss to know why you're bothering to tell me this since my
first post makes it abundenly clear that I'm already aware of what
Usenet is and that my resply made it clear that I already use a proper
newsreader for Usenet rather than a mail client like OE or a browser &
Google Groups.

Mary Hanna 12-29-2009 06:40 AM

Re: Does W7 support Usenet

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:45:02 +1300, "geoff" <geoff@nospampaf.co.nz> wrote:

>Donchano wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <geoff@nospampaf.co.nz>
>> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>> Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or
>>> something ?
>>>
>>> geoff

>> If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
>> have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
>> Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.

>And Forte Agent posts to, um, USENET, or somewhere else ?
>
>I can see that from OE. Tried Forte, and pretty much all the others, and
>they all miss the boat somewhere along the line, for me. I use OE through
>CHOICE !
>
>geoff

OE is crap Newreader, May be Agent was over you head..?

May be u missed the Boat.