Velocity Reviews

-   -   head cleaner (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t709925-head-cleaner.html)

S D 12-26-2009 08:21 PM

head cleaner

with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
what product is used for this ? SD

FatBytestard 12-26-2009 09:21 PM

Re: head cleaner

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:21:30 -0500, forneon@webtv.net (S D) wrote:

>with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
>what product is used for this ? SD

This is a DVD group.

We don' need no stinking heads!

Much less head cleaners.

Are ALL of you WebTV dopes sub 40 IQ idiots?

kaboom 12-27-2009 12:07 AM

Re: head cleaner

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:21:30 -0500, forneon@webtv.net (S D) wrote:

>with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
>what product is used for this ? SD

**There are no "heads" in DVD recorders.

http://hometheater.about.com/od/dvdr...vdrecgfaq1.htm

Gilgamesh 12-27-2009 08:04 AM

Re: head cleaner

"FatBytestard" <FatBytestard@somewheronyourharddrive.org> wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:21:30 -0500, forneon@webtv.net (S D) wrote:
>
>>with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
>>what product is used for this ? SD

> This is a DVD group.
>
> We don' need no stinking heads!
>
> Much less head cleaners.
>
> Are ALL of you WebTV dopes sub 40 IQ idiots?

Unless the OP made the honest mistake of confusing head cleaning with lens
cleaning.
What type of idiot wouldn't recognise that?

FatBytestard 12-27-2009 01:47 PM

Re: head cleaner

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:34:52 +1030, "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh@dont.spam.me>
wrote:

>"FatBytestard" <FatBytestard@somewheronyourharddrive.org> wrote in message
>news:vevcj59d2o0q8mpnqbe76vfuo2mkkihopt@4ax.com.. .
>> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:21:30 -0500, forneon@webtv.net (S D) wrote:
>>
>>>with new recorders how often must the heads be cleaned ( if ever ) ?
>>>what product is used for this ? SD

>> This is a DVD group.
>>
>> We don' need no stinking heads!
>>
>> Much less head cleaners.
>>
>> Are ALL of you WebTV dopes sub 40 IQ idiots?

>Unless the OP made the honest mistake of confusing head cleaning with lens
>cleaning.
>What type of idiot wouldn't recognise that?

Except that they do not need that operation either. What part of "No
user serviceable parts are contained inside this assembly" do you not
understand?

Also, what idiot would think that a spinning scrub pad disc would
perform the function?

So, since it requires opening the case of the device to perform the
lens cleaning PROPERLY, one should consider the cancellation of one's
warranty when considering such a move. Much less the fact that if one
needs to ask such a question as this, one has no business inside the case
of such a device to begin with.

In other words, without familiarity with the device in question, what
makes you think that a mere layman user could perform a professional
level service task on a precision optical device?

Oh... that's right... you bought the "cleaning disc".

S D 12-29-2009 06:51 PM

Re: head cleaner

like a lens could not attract dust

Capt. Cave Man 12-30-2009 12:28 AM

Re: head cleaner

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:51:24 -0500, forneon@webtv.net (S D) wrote:

>like a lens could not attract dust

It would present no more of an "attraction" than any other element of
the device, and it would NOT be a "cleaner disc" serviceable task. It
has to be manually cleaned with the case of the player OPEN.

Also, if it is playing ANY discs, then it is NOT "dirty".

My laser disc player lasted 18 years and the failure was a power supply
failure.

It NEVER had ANY lens cleaning event, and it NEVER failed to track a
disc, and they were 12", so there was more dust around too!

It is more likely just a **** brand, and we all know that one gets what
one pays for.

S D 01-01-2010 02:54 PM

Re: head cleaner

just for accuracy : I was questioning recorders , not players, and only
possibilities

Archimedes' Lever 01-01-2010 09:30 PM

Re: head cleaner

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 09:54:51 -0500, forneon@webtv.net (S D) wrote:

>just for accuracy : I was questioning recorders , not players, and only
>possibilities

Even more retarded. A burner drive (recorder) would burn a dust
particle off of the surface of its lens.

They need cleaning even less often.

Mine:

LaserDisc player: 18 years, never cleaned, always worked.

About fifty PC 5.25" form factor CD readers, and never needed cleaning.

Back then most read failures were due to a sagging lens suspension that
moved the lens outside the range that the lens positioner could manage it
within.

DVD era:

About 30 players, none of which have ever needed cleaning.

HDDVD: Never in what four years.

BluRay: 4 players and all work just fine and get used daily.

Conclusion, dopes like you exhibit paranoia and make assessments about
the status of a piece of hardware, even though it is outside the realm of
your ability to grasp how it operates.

Sure... a store is going to try to relieve you of some of your wallet
thickness. That is what they do.

That doesn't mean that what they are trying to sell you doesn't fall
into the "snake oil" category.

S D 01-04-2010 09:13 PM

Put your lever up your ass

have a nice day