Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: AdAware vs. Malwarebytes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t709593-re-adaware-vs-malwarebytes.html)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 12-23-2009 01:02 AM

Re: AdAware vs. Malwarebytes

Devil's Advocate wrote:

> I've been using AdAware for some time, but just the free version, not
> the real time thing.
>
> But this past couple weeks, my web service slowed down really badly.
> I ran AdAware and only found and deleted a few tracking cookies.
> Whooppee.
>
> But it continued, so I asked my ISP and they said to try
> Malwarebytes, that it was good.
>
> I downloaded and tried the free version and it found about 15 things,
> deleted them, and now my web service is fast again.
>
> Is Malwarebytes that much better than AdAware, or just different?

They are two different kinds of programs. Ad-Aware looks for, well,
advertisement stuff. MalwareBytes looks for real malware.

If Ad-Aware is giving you problems, uninstall it. I think it has
outlived its usefulness.

Look into SUPERAntiSpyware as well.

--
-bts

Buffalo 12-23-2009 01:57 AM

Re: AdAware vs. Malwarebytes

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> They are two different kinds of programs. Ad-Aware looks for, well,
> advertisement stuff. MalwareBytes looks for real malware.
>
> If Ad-Aware is giving you problems, uninstall it. I think it has
> outlived its usefulness.
>
> Look into SUPERAntiSpyware as well.

Damn good advice, Shagnasty!
Buffalo

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 12-23-2009 03:14 AM

Re: AdAware vs. Malwarebytes

Buffalo wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> They are two different kinds of programs. Ad-Aware looks for, well,
>> advertisement stuff. MalwareBytes looks for real malware.
>>
>> If Ad-Aware is giving you problems, uninstall it. I think it has
>> outlived its usefulness.
>>
>> Look into SUPERAntiSpyware as well.

> Damn good advice, Shagnasty!

Thenk ewe.

--
-bts
-We aim to please

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 12-23-2009 04:11 AM

Re: AdAware vs. Malwarebytes

Devil's Advocate wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous@example.invalid> wrote :
>> Thenk ewe.

> That's what the guy up in Wyoming said. LOL

You know why cowboys tuck their jeans inside their boots, right?

--
-"That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son".
-Foghorn Leghorn

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 12-23-2009 11:47 AM

Re: AdAware vs. Malwarebytes

Devil's Advocate wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote :
>> Devil's Advocate wrote:
>>>
>>> That's what the guy up in Wyoming said. LOL

>> You know why cowboys tuck their jeans inside their boots, right?

> Uh uh. :)
>
> But Wyoming is where men are men and sheep are nervous, and they sing
> "I only have eyes for ewe...".

I always heard that was Montana... ;-)