Velocity Reviews

-   -   Which c# naming convention? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t70886-which-c-naming-convention.html)

Rick 01-19-2004 08:29 AM

Which c# naming convention?

Hi,

I found these suggestions from Woody Pewitt on the net. Do you agree this is
a best practice?

Rick

BEGIN

- Hungarian notation is out!
- For public interfaces, use PascalCasing
- For private members, use camelCasing
- Use underscore "_" character to denote private class members
- Use camelCasing for all method parameters

public class Customer
{
private string _password;

public void SetPassword(string newPassword)
{
_password = newPassword;
}
}

END

Paul Glavich 01-19-2004 11:42 AM

Re: Which c# naming convention?

This link on MSDN has a bunch of guidelines, including coding/naming
guidelines from Microsoft.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cpgenref/ht
ml/cpconnetframeworkdesignguidelines.asp

--
- Paul Glavich