Velocity Reviews

-   -   Allow write to folder with web.config (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t70823-allow-write-to-folder-with-web-config.html)

Ryan 01-17-2004 09:29 PM

Allow write to folder with web.config

How can I set the write permissions for a certian folder within a virtual
directory using the web.config file?

Essentially, I want to give the ASP.NET user write permissions to the
"uploads" folder so I can upload files to my site.

Thanx

George Durzi 01-17-2004 11:58 PM

Re: Allow write to folder with web.config

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's something you would set up
directly in the file system.

In web.config, you can use the location tag to specify rights for certain
folders. but that's generally used within FormsAuthentication to allow or
deny access to certain folders.

Showjumper 01-18-2004 12:07 AM

Re: Allow write to folder with web.config

>>>Essentially, I want to give the ASP.NET user write permissions to the
"uploads" folder so I can upload files to my site.
I believe this is done via your host's conrol panel for your site or may
need to be done by the host's people themselves

rpp 01-19-2004 07:16 AM

Re: Allow write to folder with web.config

See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;323246