Velocity Reviews

-   -   Lenovo SL400 audio input sources lost in Vista Spack 2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t708202-lenovo-sl400-audio-input-sources-lost-in-vista-spack-2-a.html)

John Bartley K7AAY 12-10-2009 03:24 AM

Lenovo SL400 audio input sources lost in Vista Spack 2

I lost my microphone in the sound control panel, and can't record Mix
In or any other source. In the Control Panel, I select Sounds and
devices then choose Audio tabs, and there's no audio input there. The
Conexant audio driver is version 4.75.0.50 which Lenovo's website says
is the latest for my 32-bit Vista Home (Spack 2).

I updated the PC Doctor software, which did not find any problems.

Two prior calls to Lenovo support blew me off, and now I am getting
the 'out of warranty' bum's rush 360 days after I received it (though
I had a 365 day warranty, but maybe time is different in Lenovo land).

Any suggestions?

Thank you all, in advance.

John Bartley K7AAY 12-10-2009 07:29 PM

Re: Lenovo SL400 audio input sources lost in Vista Spack 2

> Lenovo sucks. That said, try uninstalling the device in ControlPanel>
> System>Hardware>Audio
> Reboot and see if that does it.
>
> --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COaoYqkpkUA
> cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
> * *_____ *____ *____ __ /\_/\ __ * * *_ ______ * _____
> * / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ *\ *__\
> *_\ \/ * */ /_/ / _ */ \ * * / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ *_\
> /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ * \_@_/ * \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

'fraid not. Uninstall, reboot, redownload, reinstall. No joy.

Next batter, next batter, next batter? Any other ideas?

Zu Arsschlaark! 12-11-2009 12:37 AM

"John Bartley K7AAY" <john.bartley@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Lenovo sucks. That said, try uninstalling the device in ControlPanel>
>> System>Hardware>Audio
>> Reboot and see if that does it.
>>
>> --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COaoYqkpkUA
>> cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
>> _____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
>> / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
>> _\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
>> /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

>'fraid not. Uninstall, reboot, redownload, reinstall. No joy.

>Next batter, next batter, next batter? Any other ideas?

In a previous vista 32 bit install I had before there was Realtek audio
drivers with all the softwares ..
Got rid of it all as it seemed to be too much bloat and uselessness and let
the system use the windows generic drivers instead.
Worked fine for me ..

John Bartley K7AAY 12-17-2009 08:53 AM

Re: Lenovo SL400 audio input sources lost in Vista Spack 2

On Dec 10, 4:37*pm, "Zu Arsschlaark!" <F...@ScheissseNet.Kom.FUK>
wrote:

> In a previous vista 32 bit install I had before there was Realtek audio
> drivers with all the softwares ..
> Got rid of it all as it seemed to be too much bloat and uselessness and let
> the system use the windows generic drivers instead.
> Worked fine for me ..

Thank you. Will try tomorrow.