Velocity Reviews

-   -   windows defender + win7 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t708139-windows-defender-win7.html)

Peter Rubens 12-09-2009 04:15 PM

windows defender + win7

I am running win7 64 bits and found out that Windows Defender and my Anti
virus are battling, "this could cause some
decreasing of computerspeed" was the message.
Now I know that Windows Defender is integrated in Win 7., and I can not find
how to shut of Windows Defender.
My anti virus is ESET NOD32 4 but I do want to stop Windows
Defender.........

__________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4673 (20091209) __________

Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Bobby Johnson 12-09-2009 06:12 PM

Re: windows defender + win7

Go into the Control Panel and you should find Windows Defender there.
I'm using the Classic view that has all the icons.

If ESET is telling you to turn it off to avoid conflicts, then I would
recommend doing it. I have Vipre and it want Windows Defender off also,
so mine is off.

Dennis Pack 12-09-2009 08:08 PM

Re: windows defender + win7

Peter:
If you did an upgrade from Vista Eset recommends "If you are using ESET
Smart Security and upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7, we recommend
you uninstall and then reinstall ESET Smart Security after the operating
system upgrade." I'm running Nod32 and no conflicts with Windows Defender
have been noticed including during beta testing.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4674 (20091209) __________

http://www.eset.com

Carlos 12-10-2009 05:52 PM

RE: windows defender + win7

Peter,
These are two pages with workarounds for disabling Windows Defender in
Windows 7
http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/03/11...-in-windows-7/
http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/1139937.htm
Carlos