Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Cable splitter's effect on cable speed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t708051-re-cable-splitters-effect-on-cable-speed.html)

Leythos 12-08-2009 10:15 PM

Re: Cable splitter's effect on cable speed

In article <3bj0ir.dls.17.6@news.alt.net>, meat@petitmorte.net says...
> Some cable modems require an attenuator to function properly. My SA
> WebSTAR DPC2100R2 needs a 10db drop.

The drop depends on the source signal strength just before the CABLE
connects - so it could be 0db to 20db, depending on strength.

Trust yourself.

Leythos 12-09-2009 12:17 AM

Re: Cable splitter's effect on cable speed

In article <3bj9n2.ooo.19.1@news.alt.net>, meat@petitmorte.net says...

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:15:40 -0500, Leythos
> <spam999free@rrohio.com>wrote:
>
> >In article <3bj0ir.dls.17.6@news.alt.net>, meat@petitmorte.net says...
> >> Some cable modems require an attenuator to function properly. My SA
> >> WebSTAR DPC2100R2 needs a 10db drop.
> >>

> >The drop depends on the source signal strength just before the CABLE
> >connects - so it could be 0db to 20db, depending on strength.

> Attenuator says -10db. Notice the "MY" reference. Intelligent people
> can parse. <omit RtS from last sentence>

I left the - also because I thought we were all on the same page.

Trust yourself.