Velocity Reviews

-   -   who the heck is this tire company? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t707929-who-the-heck-is-this-tire-company.html)

richard 12-07-2009 10:40 PM

who the heck is this tire company?

http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx

While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
company itself.

Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
up?

"Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

Jordon 12-07-2009 11:10 PM

Re: who the heck is this tire company?

richard wrote:
> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
>

> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
> company itself.
>
> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
> up?
>
> "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

What's the matter? Is Google broken?

http://www.sumitomotire.com/

Sumitomo is a huge Japanese conglomerate. They've been
around since 1919.

http://www.sumitomocorp.co.jp/englis...oup/index.html

--
Jordon

OldGringo38 12-07-2009 11:14 PM

Re: who the heck is this tire company?

Two Cents To The richard Post:
> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
>

> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
> company itself.
>
> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
> up?
>
> "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

It's free: Phone: (800) 895-1449 Give them a call.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Old Codger 12-07-2009 11:16 PM

richard wrote:
> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
>

> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
> company itself.
>
> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
> up?
>
> "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

In the UK they manufacture Dunlop tyres
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunlop_Tyres

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

OldGringo38 12-07-2009 11:17 PM

Re: who the heck is this tire company?

Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
> On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:40:25 -0700, richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
>>

>> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
>> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
>> company itself.
>>
>> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
>> up?

> I could be wrong, but I believe they're the 'house' brand for Big-O,
> Tire Kingdom and a few other tire companies. http://tbccorp.com/ .

The name doesn't sound Pennsylvania Dutch to me. <g>

Aardvark 12-08-2009 01:40 AM

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:17:12 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:

> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My Two
> Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
>> On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:40:25 -0700, richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
>>>

>>> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
>>> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
>>> company itself.
>>>
>>> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company
>>> shows up?

>> I could be wrong, but I believe they're the 'house' brand for Big-O,
>> Tire Kingdom and a few other tire companies. http://tbccorp.com/ .

> The name doesn't sound Pennsylvania Dutch to me. <g>

O'Motire could be an Irish name.

:-)

--
Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,
And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,

richard 12-08-2009 03:56 AM

google? what the **** is that you ****ing dead brain jackass.
What's the ****ing first line in my original post?

richard 12-08-2009 03:58 AM

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:16:34 +0000, Old Codger wrote:

> richard wrote:
>> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
>>

>> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
>> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
>> company itself.
>>
>> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
>> up?
>>
>> "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

> In the UK they manufacture Dunlop tyres
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunlop_Tyres

Under contract. Dunlop makes their own in the USA.

OldGringo38 12-08-2009 04:00 AM

Re: who the heck is this tire company?

Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:17:12 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My Two
>> Cents To The Evan Platt Post:

>>> I could be wrong, but I believe they're the 'house' brand for Big-O,
>>> Tire Kingdom and a few other tire companies. http://tbccorp.com/ .

>> The name doesn't sound Pennsylvania Dutch to me. <g>

> O'Motire could be an Irish name.
>
> :-)

lol

OldGringo38 12-08-2009 01:07 PM