Velocity Reviews

-   -   so now my virtual machine is not working. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t707634-so-now-my-virtual-machine-is-not-working.html)

charles kuchar 12-04-2009 06:52 PM

so now my virtual machine is not working.

in installing drivers for the scanner I was restarting vitual xp a lot of
times. now I have a message that virtual integration features are disabled
and need to shut down virtual machine and start it again. the restart does
not work on the screen like a dos screen. and using the control alt delete
button does not shut it down. I have also restarted win7 but still can't
get the virtual machine going... can anybody give me a clue as to what to
do now? charlie

charles kuchar 12-04-2009 07:24 PM

after reading all the shutdown information i got it working.

tool/settings then choose shutdown method. the only one that worked finally
was the 'turn off' button. the 'shut down' button did not solve the
problem. working more now that i'm retired than when i was a system
engineer... charlie

Carlos 12-04-2009 07:55 PM

RE: so now my virtual machine is not working.

Charles,
Try Windows 7 System restore to the moment previous to the scanner drivers
installation.
That should take you to square one.
Carlos

Juergen Kluth 12-09-2009 08:06 PM

Re: so now my virtual machine is not working.

Hi,
i guess he installed the scanner driver into the XP virtual machine.
not into windows 7 HOST
jk