Velocity Reviews

-   -   logging design question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t707008-logging-design-question.html)

Angus 11-29-2009 11:14 AM

logging design question

Hello

I am building a C++ wrapper for a C API. So for example there is a
Widget object which encapsulates a Widget (obviously not called that).

There can be all sorts of reasons why getting/working with the widget
fails and I am wondering about logging the errors.

Should I:

A) have no logging in these classes and simply return error codes?
B have no logging and just raise an exception?
C) specify a logging path in constructor for object and log to there?

Angus