Velocity Reviews

-   -   test mode windows 7 build 7600 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t706991-test-mode-windows-7-build-7600-a.html)

David 11-29-2009 03:18 AM

test mode windows 7 build 7600

hello everyone, this is the first issue i have had with windows 7. i have
been running windows 7 flawlessly for the past couple of week, all programs
and games installed without a hitch, today i had to do a restore to a
earlier time for today. i have a genuine copy of windows 7 ( verified in
system in control panel ) and it is activated ..after the restore i noticed
it was sayin "test mode windows 7 build 7600" in the bottom right hand side,
(simular to a water mark) why would it say that after the restore, when its
it a genuine copy ? and how can i remove it ?

Thanks in advance.

Charlie Russel - MVP 11-29-2009 06:10 AM

Re: test mode windows 7 build 7600

You'll probably need to re-activate it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

Barb Bowman 11-29-2009 10:56 AM

Re: test mode windows 7 build 7600

I saw this happen after I used BCDedit to set test signing on for a driver that
was test signed that I needed to install for testing. Once I installed the
released signed driver, this resolved itself.

You mention needing to do a restore. Why did you need to do the restore?

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 22:18:56 -0500, "David" <davidhinds1@gmail.com> wrote:

>hello everyone, this is the first issue i have had with windows 7. i have
>been running windows 7 flawlessly for the past couple of week, all programs
>and games installed without a hitch, today i had to do a restore to a
>earlier time for today. i have a genuine copy of windows 7 ( verified in
>system in control panel ) and it is activated ..after the restore i noticed
>it was sayin "test mode windows 7 build 7600" in the bottom right hand side,
>(simular to a water mark) why would it say that after the restore, when its
>it a genuine copy ? and how can i remove it ?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

David 11-29-2009 12:17 PM

Re: test mode windows 7 build 7600

fixed, I used BCDedit to turn "testing off"