Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Off-topic: Measuring ISP's signal strength (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t706870-re-off-topic-measuring-isps-signal-strength.html)

Jack [MVP-Networking] 11-28-2009 03:31 AM

Re: Off-topic: Measuring ISP's signal strength

Hi
His tool is probably a propriety hardware/software specifically to the ISP
equipment.
You can try to search for terms like Signal Meter + the name and model of
your modem.
Example,
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
I am not very hopeful, but try, you never know. :)
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

Meebers 11-28-2009 03:30 PM

Re: Off-topic: Measuring ISP's signal strength

You can always rotate the Yagi to the vertical mode and see what happens. I
would think you could also look at the transmitter site and note the
orientation of their antenna. If its a vertical, which I would guess it
would be since the interest is serving more than one customer (omni
directional) Also try to set the antenna pointing directly in the direction
of the tower, making small movements and recording the signal strength.