Velocity Reviews

-   -   ANN: pdfrw pure-Python PDF file reading and writing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t706808-ann-pdfrw-pure-python-pdf-file-reading-and-writing.html)

Patrick Maupin 11-27-2009 08:35 AM

ANN: pdfrw pure-Python PDF file reading and writing

pdfrw is a basic PDF file manipulation library, developed and tested
on Python 2.5 and 2.6.

pdfrw can read and write PDF files, and can also be used to read in
PDFs which can then be used inside reportlab (as source material for
new PDFs). This is also the underlying library for a new rst2pdf
extension (not yet released, but in rst2pdf subversion) which allows
arbitrary fragments of source PDFs to be embedded in the output PDF
(without rasterization).

No releases yet (and none immediately planned), but the interface is
reasonably stable, it seems to work pretty well, and you can download
the code and a few working examples at pdfrw.googlecode.com

Feedback and/or code contributors always welcome!

Best regards,
Patrick Maupin

Patrick Maupin 11-27-2009 03:55 PM

Re: ANN: pdfrw pure-Python PDF file reading and writing

On Nov 27, 2:35*am, Patrick Maupin <pmau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> pdfrw is a basic PDF file manipulation library, developed and tested
> on Python 2.5 and 2.6.
>
> pdfrw can read and write PDF files, and can also be used to read in
> PDFs which can then be used inside reportlab (as source material for
> new PDFs). *This is also the underlying library for a new rst2pdf
> extension (not yet released, but in rst2pdf subversion) which allows
> arbitrary fragments of source PDFs to be embedded in the output PDF
> (without rasterization).
>
> No releases yet (and none immediately planned), but the interface is
> reasonably stable, it seems to work pretty well, and you can download
> the code and a few working examples at pdfrw.googlecode.com
>
> Feedback and/or code contributors always welcome!
>
> Best regards,
> Patrick Maupin

Apparently forgot URL when I was sleep-typing last night:
pypdf.googlecode.com

Pat

Patrick Maupin 11-27-2009 04:43 PM

Re: ANN: pdfrw pure-Python PDF file reading and writing

On Nov 27, 2:35*am, Patrick Maupin <pmau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> pdfrw is a basic PDF file manipulation library, developed and tested
> on Python 2.5 and 2.6.
>
> pdfrw can read and write PDF files, and can also be used to read in
> PDFs which can then be used inside reportlab (as source material for
> new PDFs). *This is also the underlying library for a new rst2pdf
> extension (not yet released, but in rst2pdf subversion) which allows
> arbitrary fragments of source PDFs to be embedded in the output PDF
> (without rasterization).
>
> No releases yet (and none immediately planned), but the interface is
> reasonably stable, it seems to work pretty well, and you can download
> the code and a few working examples at pdfrw.googlecode.com
>
> Feedback and/or code contributors always welcome!
>
> Best regards,
> Patrick Maupin

Forgot the URL: pdfrw.googlecode.com