Velocity Reviews

-   -   IT Tech test question ! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t706739-it-tech-test-question.html)

jeremy 11-27-2009 01:30 AM

IT Tech test question !

Ha da question on test asking what socket laptop CPUs use.
Possible answers were Slot A, Slot 1, ZIF or Socket 603.

From everything I can find info wise they are soldered on mobo or use
Micro-FCBGA so it seems none of them apply.

This is really puzzling me since I guess ZIF would be the only one
close but
even it isn't a true answer

thanks for any help

Barry Watzman 11-27-2009 02:26 AM

Re: IT Tech test question !

At times laptop CPUs have been soldered, but this practice has not been
common for at least 5 years.

No laptop ever used a "slot" socket for the CPU.

When a socket is used, it is always ZIF (which does not, however,
specify the socket type)

Socket 603 is used only in workstation and server CPUs.

By process of elimination, the best answer is ZIF, but really I think
you are using bogus study materials.