Velocity Reviews

-   -   Etherchannel on a 3750 stack (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t706212-etherchannel-on-a-3750-stack.html)

Adam Przestroga 11-22-2009 08:35 PM

Etherchannel on a 3750 stack

I have two stacks of 3750E (2 switches each) lets call them LogicalSW1:
PL1_SW1 & PL1_SW2, and LogicalSW2: PL2_SW1 & PL2_SW2. I am wondering
whether it is possible to connect LogicalSW1 and LogicalSW2 via
etherchannel, but have the two links spread across two physical switches
in each stack? In other words, do the physical links need to originate
and terminate on a physical switch or can be on two different 3750s in
the same stack?

Thanks,
AP

Igor Mamuzic aka Pseto 11-23-2009 12:49 PM

Re: Etherchannel on a 3750 stack

"Adam Przestroga" <aprzestroga@op.pl> wrote in message
In other words, do the physical links need to originate
> and terminate on a physical switch or can be on two different 3750s in the
> same stack?
>
> Thanks,
> AP

Hi Adam,

Sure, you can do this since ports of the stack members are actually ports of
one common virtual switch or stack. Etherchanell treats these ports as the
ports of one "big":) switch. I've done this couple of times while working on
my projects and it works like a charm;)