Velocity Reviews

-   -   Vista access to NAS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t706159-vista-access-to-nas.html)

PeeCee 11-22-2009 08:50 AM

Vista access to NAS

Greetings all.

I have acquired a FISC CDH 8 Bay Network Attached Storage device to replace
the rather asthmatic small box consumer NAS boxen I been playing with up to
now.
(manual here
ftp://web:nbupm@download.ingrasys.co...l/CDHman-e.pdf)

I's been set back to factory defaults and when attached to my LAN I can
browse to it and read/write with any XP PC on my LAN.

However when I try to access it from a Vista PC I get the following error:
\\FISC-BOX is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server ... (etc)

Advice I can find on the web refers to making changes on the machine that is
being accessed.
In this case that is not an option, so I need to change Vista so it access's
the FISC as if it was an XP machine.

Can someone guide me what changes I need to make to my Vista PC so I can
access the FISC.

TIA
Paul.

EMB 11-22-2009 09:03 AM

Re: Vista access to NAS

PeeCee wrote:

> Can someone guide me what changes I need to make to my Vista PC so I can
> access the FISC.

This sums it up and saves me typing.

<http://artifact-ireland.blogspot.com/2007/10/problems-with-vista-and-nas-boxes.html>

PeeCee 11-23-2009 11:29 AM

Re: Vista access to NAS

"EMB" <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:heaunm$bq8$1@aioe.org...
> PeeCee wrote:
>
>> Can someone guide me what changes I need to make to my Vista PC so I can
>> access the FISC.

> This sums it up and saves me typing.
>
> <http://artifact-ireland.blogspot.com/2007/10/problems-with-vista-and-nas-boxes.html>

Thanks for that, unfortunately it didn't work (sigh)

Paul.