Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f43-python.html)
-   -   DOM related question and problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t705763-dom-related-question-and-problem.html)

elca 11-18-2009 06:04 PM

DOM related question and problem
 

Hello,
these day im making python script related with DOM.

problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .

what is best method to check DOM structure and path..

i mean...following is some example.

what is best method to check can extract such like following info quickly?

before i was spent much time to extract such info .

and yes im also new to python and DOM.

IE.Document.Frames(1).Document.forms('comment').va lue = 'hello'

if i use DOM inspector, can i extract such info quickly ? if so would you
show me some sample?

here is some site . i want to extract some dom info.

today i was spent all day long to extract what is dom info. but failed

http://www.segye.com/Articles/News/P...=0101010600000

at the end of this page,can find some comment input box.

i want to know what kind of dom element should have to use, such like

IE.Document.Frames(1).Document.forms('comment').va lue = 'hello'

anyhelp much appreciate thanks


--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/DOM-related-qu...p26412730.html
Sent from the Python - python-list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Stefan Behnel 11-20-2009 07:55 AM

Re: DOM related question and problem
 
elca, 18.11.2009 19:04:
> these day im making python script related with DOM.
>
> problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .
> [...]
> what is best method to check can extract such like following info quickly?


This should help:

http://blog.ianbicking.org/2008/12/1...aping-library/

Stefan

elca 11-21-2009 11:49 AM

Re: DOM related question and problem
 



Stefan Behnel-3 wrote:
>
> elca, 18.11.2009 19:04:
>> these day im making python script related with DOM.
>>
>> problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .
>> [...]
>> what is best method to check can extract such like following info
>> quickly?

>
> This should help:
>
> http://blog.ianbicking.org/2008/12/1...aping-library/
>
> Stefan
> --
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list
>
>


hello
yes..i know this website already.
but failed to use it lxml solution

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/DOM-related-qu...p26455800.html
Sent from the Python - python-list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


bla bla 12-02-2009 12:36 AM

Re: DOM related question and problem
 
Nice post on extracting data, simple and too the point :), I use
python for simple html extracting data, but for larger projects like
the web, files, or documents i tried <a href="http://
www.extractingdata.com">extract data</a> which worked great, they
build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing
programs

Diez B. Roggisch 12-02-2009 12:55 AM

Re: DOM related question and problem
 
bla bla schrieb:
> Nice post on extracting data, simple and too the point :), I use
> python for simple html extracting data, but for larger projects like
> the web, files, or documents i tried <a href="http://
> www.extractingdata.com">extract data</a> which worked great, they
> build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing
> programs


You don't happen to be affiliated with that commercial venture?

Which seems to be shady, to say the least. No real address, dns
registered by a rather shady provider... better steer clear from this,
and use lxml.

Diez


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.