Velocity Reviews

-   -   duplicate Name on network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t7056-duplicate-name-on-network.html)

rnj12 07-28-2005 08:40 AM

duplicate Name on network

I am new to net working and require a little help. I connect my laptop to my
pc via a netgear router when connected I recieve a windows error mesage a
duplicate name exist on this network.how do I rectify this

emilio.aguinaldo@gmail.com 07-28-2005 09:40 AM

Re: duplicate Name on network

hi
just go to control panel > system >

and look for tab for computer name.
change this to another name. you got the error because 2 or more
computers with the same name were logged on to the network.

while at it check network properties > tcpip and make sure the 2
computers do not have the same ip address as well.