Velocity Reviews

-   -   OKI 8Z drivers for Vista/Win7? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t705583-oki-8z-drivers-for-vista-win7.html)

Dave Doe 11-17-2009 10:49 AM

OKI 8Z drivers for Vista/Win7?

Seems a shame to ditch a perfectly good printer that isn't used much by
the owner.

I couldn't find any drivers - but if anyone knows, would be much
appreciated.

Would even try a workaround, such as the (non-protected mode / non-user
isolation mode or whatever it's called) XP driver in Win 7 (what
actually policy objects have to be edited to allow it?). I don't care
if it could, or even does, crash the OS - I'd at least like to try it.

--
Duncan.

Dave Doe 11-18-2009 04:02 AM

Re: OKI 8Z drivers for Vista/Win7?

In article <MPG.256d46de564a132d98968f@news.eternal-september.org>,
hard@work.ok says...

> Seems a shame to ditch a perfectly good printer that isn't used much by
> the owner.
>
> I couldn't find any drivers - but if anyone knows, would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Would even try a workaround, such as the (non-protected mode / non-user
> isolation mode or whatever it's called) XP driver in Win 7 (what
> actually policy objects have to be edited to allow it?). I don't care
> if it could, or even does, crash the OS - I'd at least like to try it.

If anyone needs a driver, contact the nice folk at Comworth Systems and
you should get a beta (Vista) driver that I've just installed and it
works just fine in Win7.

--
Duncan.