Velocity Reviews

-   -   Atom boards (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t705570-atom-boards.html)

Sailor Sam 11-17-2009 08:26 AM

Atom boards

Anyone care to comment on atom desktop machines. In particular N330 vs
N280. I'm wondering if there is any worthwhile gain having the 330.

The ion boards are looking nice too ;)

JohnO 11-18-2009 01:20 AM

Re: Atom boards

On Nov 17, 9:26*pm, Sailor Sam <hiho...@merry.oh> wrote:
> Anyone care to comment on atom desktop machines. In particular N330 vs
> N280. I'm wondering if there is any worthwhile gain having the 330.
>
> The ion boards are looking nice too ;)

I'm looking for an excuse to put together an ION based system. Looks
absolutely perfect for a quiet HTPC.

Richard 11-18-2009 02:17 AM

Re: Atom boards

JohnO wrote:
> On Nov 17, 9:26 pm, Sailor Sam <hiho...@merry.oh> wrote:
>> Anyone care to comment on atom desktop machines. In particular N330 vs
>> N280. I'm wondering if there is any worthwhile gain having the 330.
>>
>> The ion boards are looking nice too ;)

> I'm looking for an excuse to put together an ION based system. Looks
> absolutely perfect for a quiet HTPC.

For playback they are great, but the ion based machine I was playing on
had real trouble providing a usable user interface.

Perhaps more ram would have helped, but both foobar2000 and winamp were
having problems with a large audio library on the machine, to the point
of stuttering.

Was windows 7 RC and 2 gigs since thats all what was available to put in
it at the time.

DVB worked mint however.