Velocity Reviews

-   -   Save and then display msword documents as html, filtered html, single file .mht or pdf. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t705502-save-and-then-display-msword-documents-as-html-filtered-html-single-file-mht-or-pdf.html)

AAaron123 11-16-2009 06:00 PM

Save and then display msword documents as html, filtered html, single file .mht or pdf.

I need to make many files from ms word available for viewing on my site.

I believe word can produce html, filtered html, single file .mht and pdf.

I tried an iframe showing the two htm file types. I'll check out the mht in
a few minutes to see if that displays OK.

I need to find out how to display the pdf and any suggestions would be
appreciated.

But the real reason for this post is to ask what format would you use.

Lacking experience I don't know the down sides and advantages to the
different formats.

Thanks

Alexey Smirnov 11-17-2009 10:02 AM

Re: Save and then display msword documents as html, filtered html,single file .mht or pdf.

On Nov 16, 7:00*pm, "AAaron123" <aaaron...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I need to make many files from ms word *available for viewing on my site.
>
> I believe word can produce html, filtered html, single file .mht and pdf.
>
> I tried an iframe showing the two htm file types. I'll check out the mht in
> a few minutes to see if that displays OK.
>
> I need to find out how to display the pdf and any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
>
> But the real reason for this post is to ask what format would you use.
>
> Lacking experience I don't know the down sides and advantages to the
> different formats.
>
> Thanks

PDF and MHT are not formats of MS Word. For PDF you will need to have
a PDF viewer, such as Acrobat Reader installed on the system. MHT also
does not need Word, but will not work in all browsers (see more on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML).

Example of embedded PDF in iframe
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/iframe-pdf.html