Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: converting latitude and longitude (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t705200-re-converting-latitude-and-longitude.html)

MRAB 11-13-2009 07:25 PM

Ronn Ross wrote:

> I'm attempting to convert latitude and longitude coordinates from
> degrees minutes and second to decimal form. I would like to go from:
> N39 42 36.3 W77 42 51.5
>
> to:
> -77.739855,39.706666
>
> Does anyone know of a library or some existing out their to help with
> this conversion?

The conversion is simple enough. Why do you need a library?

BTW, are you sure the values are correct? I get '-77.714306,39.710083'.

ezd 11-13-2009 09:51 PM

On Nov 13, 2:25*pm, MRAB <pyt...@mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> Ronn Ross wrote:
>
> > I'm attempting to convert latitude and longitude coordinates from ...
> > Does anyone know of a library or some existing out their to help with
> > this conversion?

Some time ago I saw file named LLUTM... for such conversions with more
than 20 ellipsoids.
Language of the file - C or Python, not sure. Try Google for LLUTM to
find more.
Regards, Eugene