Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Robert E. Lee (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t704885-re-robert-e-lee.html)

thund3rstruck 11-11-2009 12:10 AM

Re: Robert E. Lee

Evan Platt wrote:
<snip>
> He had a blood-alcohol
> content of .24, three times the state's legal limit.

<Snip>

Somehow I'm not surprised...

n0i

richard 11-11-2009 02:12 AM

Re: Robert E. Lee

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:10:21 -0500, thund3rstruck wrote:

> Evan Platt wrote:
> <snip>
> > He had a blood-alcohol
>> content of .24, three times the state's legal limit.

> <Snip>
>
> Somehow I'm not surprised...
>
> n0i

Neither am I. Scientific experiments have shown that when a person stops
drinking, the BAC will begin to rise. It peaks 2 to 3 hours later. I don't
recall exactly why it happens but it has to do with the yeast in the drink
mixing in with your blood.

Oldus Fartus 11-11-2009 08:48 AM

Re: Robert E. Lee

richard wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:10:21 -0500, thund3rstruck wrote:
>
>> Evan Platt wrote:
>> <snip>
>> > He had a blood-alcohol
>>> content of .24, three times the state's legal limit.

>> <Snip>
>>
>> Somehow I'm not surprised...
>>
>> n0i

> Neither am I. Scientific experiments have shown that when a person stops
> drinking, the BAC will begin to rise. It peaks 2 to 3 hours later. I don't
> recall exactly why it happens but it has to do with the yeast in the drink
> mixing in with your blood.

Alcohol is absorbed into the body via the stomach and intenstines,
nothing to do with the yeast mixing with blood. The rate of absorbtion
obviously depends on many factors, including sex, whether the drinker
has eaten before, or during the drinking session, and body weight.

Generally speaking though, authorities in my country warn that three
standard drinks in an hour will put the drinker at the 0.08 level, and
one drink per hour will keep the drinker at that level. In other
words, it takes about an hour to get rid of the effects of one standard
drink. For a woman the limits are halved.

(A standard drink is defined as a middy of beer (285ml) = a nip (30ml)
of spirits = a small glass (100ml) of wine = a small glass (60ml) of
fortified wine such as sherry.)

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Mike Yetto 11-11-2009 02:32 PM

Re: Robert E. Lee

Bada bing richard <member@newsguy.com> bada bang:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:10:21 -0500, thund3rstruck wrote:
>
>> Evan Platt wrote:
>> <snip>
>> > He had a blood-alcohol
>>> content of .24, three times the state's legal limit.

>> <Snip>
>>
>> Somehow I'm not surprised...
>>

> Neither am I. Scientific experiments have shown that when a person stops
> drinking, the BAC will begin to rise. It peaks 2 to 3 hours later. I don't
> recall exactly why it happens but it has to do with the yeast in the drink
> mixing in with your blood.

Do tell us what happens when the yeast penetrates the barrier to
the brain? Does the carbon dioxide gas from the fermentation make
you feel light headed?

Mike "or has the embolism already killed you?" Yetto
In practice they are not.