Velocity Reviews

-   -   Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t704314-adaptec-39160-on-windows-7-pro-64-bit.html)

anthony 11-05-2009 05:00 PM

Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I've seen somewhere that the Vista 64 bit drivers (adpu160m.sys and
adpu160m.inf) will work for this Adaptec card. Is this so? Would
someone be very kind and email them to me please? I cannot find them
*anywhere*! Any other advice gratefully received

Many thanks - Anthony

Bobby Johnson 11-05-2009 06:11 PM

Re: Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I think you may have been mis-informed. The last drivers Adaptec
published were 8 Nov 2002 and even the Microsoft Update Catalog is older
than that at 21 Feb 2001

Dominic Payer 11-05-2009 06:35 PM

Re: Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

According to
http://ask.adaptec.com/scripts/adapt...?p_faqid=14790
the 39160 Vista drivers are included on the Vista disk.

http://ask.adaptec.com/scripts/adapt...i=&p_topview=1
says no Windows 7 drivers for the 39160 exist and none are planned.

anthony 11-06-2009 09:17 AM

Re: Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I now have copies and can confirm that the Vista 64 bit drivers for
the Adaptec 39160 work under Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

silkwilk237 11-13-2009 02:43 AM

Re: Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Anthony,

I am having the same problem as you. Can you email me those files?

Thanks,
ed

silkwilk@comcast.ne

--
silkwilk23
silkwilk237's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154298.ht

http://forums.techarena.i

anthony 11-15-2009 07:02 PM

Re: Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

On 13 Nov, 02:43, silkwilk237 <silkwilk237.41k...@DoNotSpam.com>
wrote:
> Anthony,
>
> I am having the same problem as you. *Can you email me those files? *
>
> Thanks,
> ed
>
> silkw...@comcast.net
>
> --
> silkwilk237
> silkwilk237's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/154298.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...on/1267579.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

I'm having some difficulty figuring out your email address

silkwilk237 11-16-2009 12:43 AM

Re: Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

thanks for getting back so quickly. silkwilk@comcast.net is my email.

'silkwilk@comcast.net'

anthony 11-16-2009 09:07 AM

Re: Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

On 16 Nov, 00:43, silkwilk237 <silkwilk237.41p...@DoNotSpam.com>
wrote:
> thanks for getting back so quickly. *silkw...@comcast.net is my email.
>
> 'silkw...@comcast.net'
> Ed
>
> --
> silkwilk237
> silkwilk237's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/154298.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...on/1267579.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

I'd love to help you Ed but messages to this email address are
bouncing. Send an email to marrian@cix.co.uk and I'll reply to it.
Make the subject Adaptec 39160

anthony 11-16-2009 07:21 PM

wrote:
> thanks for getting back so quickly. *silkw...@comcast.net is my email.
>
> 'silkw...@comcast.net'
> Ed
>
> --
> silkwilk237
> silkwilk237's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/154298.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...on/1267579.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Did you get them Ed?

Wilkirich 11-30-2009 10:52 AM

Re: Adaptec 39160 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

High...have read your thread .... I have same problem Windows 7 will no
see 39160 and it appears I need Vista 64 drivers...........Bobby can yo
help is there any chance you could emeil me the drivers? Hope you ca
help.

Richar

--
Wilkiric