Velocity Reviews

-   -   SAS help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t704011-sas-help.html)

spock 11-03-2009 10:34 AM

SAS help

Hello All

Is there yet any support for SAS under windows 7? I have adaptec and they don't seem to
have drivers.
I have adaptec 48300 and 4800 cards.
Lee

Bobby Johnson 11-03-2009 12:04 PM

Re: SAS help

Not likely anytime soon. You'll have to bug Adaptec until they publish
the needed drivers.

spock 11-03-2009 12:17 PM

Re: SAS help

Anyone else with SAS raid adapter with support for windows 7?

Dominic Payer 11-03-2009 01:19 PM

Re: SAS help

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/ may have some.

Charlie Russel - MVP 11-03-2009 04:47 PM

Re: SAS help

Yech. I've seen a fair number of reports of issues...

I've had good success with 3Ware cards. Their support statement for Win7 is
shown here: http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=15540

My Adaptec card works out of the box with Server 2k8 R2, so should also for
Win7.

There are a lot of drivers in Win7 for SAS and other RAID cards. So far I
haven't had one that wasn't recognized. And if it isn't, it should be able
to use a Vista/Server 2k8 driver if you have one of those.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

spock 11-04-2009 12:09 AM

Re: SAS help

I had a look at the setup.log and every few lines access denied

How do I intergrate the vista drivers into my dvd?

Charlie Russel - MVP 11-04-2009 12:43 AM

Re: SAS help

You don't integrate them. When you get to the installation screen that asks
you which drive to install on, you click on the Load Drivers button (or
whatever it's called, I don't have it up in front of me right now) and you
insert your USB stick with the drivers on it, and go on about your business.

spock 11-04-2009 02:35 PM

Re: SAS help

What is the best program for cloning a hard drive apart from symantec ghost?

Dennis Pack 11-04-2009 02:56 PM

Re: SAS help

Spock:
A better alternative to Ghost is "Acronis® True Image Home 2010". Refer
to http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/ for more
information. Have a great day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4573 (20091104) __________

http://www.eset.com

Charlie Russel - MVP 11-04-2009 03:35 PM

Re: SAS help

Acronis would have been my first choice, but they seem to be in limbo. Not
sure what is happening with the company. IAC, I've used it and liked it in
the past. ShadowProtect is good solution for image backups. Paragon is
another.

Windows Home Server is more than a simple disc cloning application, but if
backup is your goal, it is simply the best I've ever used, full stop. It is
image based, and can be used to clone a disk, though that's hardly all it
does.