Velocity Reviews

-   -   computer will not see portable hard drive and mp3 player (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t703991-computer-will-not-see-portable-hard-drive-and-mp3-player.html)

james @uvvm.uvic.ca 11-03-2009 07:05 AM

computer will not see portable hard drive and mp3 player

This hard drive used to be seen on my computer, it is seen on the
wife's laptop but not here. Also the Colby mp3 player does not show
up, it did when I first bought it. There is no problem in the device
manager for the USB controllers. I have other external usb hard drive
that work just fine. Dear me what could be wrong?

james @uvvm.uvic.ca 11-08-2009 04:18 PM

Re: computer will not see portable hard drive and mp3 player

No it does not how up in Disk Management. There seems to be little on
this in the internet or non applicable? Funny but it used to and
still is seen by my wife's computer.

Aardvark 11-08-2009 08:35 PM

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 20:16:28 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

> Perhaps, if you do, you'll come back and tell us if you find any
> malware.

TINU

--
Elmo McElroy: If I wanted cuisine, I'd have gone to Paris
Felix DeSouza: You can still go to France. It's full of pricks. They hate

hwf 11-08-2009 09:01 PM

Re: computer will not see portable hard drive and mp3 player

In message <vlrdf5h0j2hoahqdb3g9o6fvakso75ofea@4ax.com>, james @uvvm.uvic.ca
wrote:
> No it does not how up in Disk Management.

Hardware issue.

> There seems to be little on
> this in the internet or non applicable? Funny but it used to and
> still is seen by my wife's computer.

Whats the platforms? OS's?
Hers:

Yours:

Make&Model of HArdDrive (that wont show up):

Just need more info to proceed, mkay?

^_^

> On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:16:25 -0500, Meat Plow <meat@petitmorte.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 23:05:36 -0800, james @uvvm.uvic.cawrote:
> >
> >>This hard drive used to be seen on my computer, it is seen on the
> >>wife's laptop but not here. Also the Colby mp3 player does not show
> >>up, it did when I first bought it. There is no problem in the device
> >>manager for the USB controllers. I have other external usb hard drive
> >>that work just fine. Dear me what could be wrong?

> >Does it show up in the Disk Management snapin?

Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
http://www.ramusa.org/
Cash for *who*?
http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

james@uvvm.uvic.ca 11-18-2009 03:40 PM

Re: computer will not see portable hard drive and mp3 player

There was 3 malwares but that did not change anything?

james @uvvm.uvic.ca 11-18-2009 03:42 PM

Re: computer will not see portable hard drive and mp3 player

My OS is XP and the Wife's is Vista?