Velocity Reviews

-   MCTS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f53-mcts.html)
-   -   Business Intelligence MCTS Information. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t703650-business-intelligence-mcts-information.html)

Kasi Viswanadham. 10-31-2009 11:43 AM

Business Intelligence MCTS Information.

Hi,

This is Kasi Viswanadh working as a team lead in one of MNC.I want to start
to get the certification on my domian. I have knowledge on SSIS 2005 (2year+)
exp and SSIS 2008 (1year+) and SSAS 2005,2008 and SSRS 2005.

Now my question is how can i proceed to get certificed in Business
Intelligence 2008. Any preparation guides are avialable and how can i test my
initial skills and how for am i to get this.

Please advice me

Thanks & Regards,
P.Kasi Viswanadham.

Lawrence Garvin [MVP] 10-31-2009 02:11 PM

Re: Business Intelligence MCTS Information.

"Kasi Viswanadham." <Kasi Viswanadham.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:43F220D8-E242-492E-86DE-93C9C81C59C2@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> This is Kasi Viswanadh working as a team lead in one of MNC.I want to
> start
> to get the certification on my domian. I have knowledge on SSIS 2005
> (2year+)
> exp and SSIS 2008 (1year+) and SSAS 2005,2008 and SSRS 2005.
>
> Now my question is how can i proceed to get certificed in Business
> Intelligence 2008. Any preparation guides are avialable and how can i test
> my
> initial skills and how for am i to get this.

The first place to start is the MCTS: SQL 2008, Business Intelligence
Development and Maintenance (70-448)
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...8&locale=en-us

There is an MSPress Training Kit for this exam, as well as several other
books on SSAS and SSRS

After that is the MCITP: BI Developer, which requires exam
70-452 Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure using Microsoft SQL
Server 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...2&locale=en-us

There aren't any certification study guides, but MSLearning recommends the
same "other" materials you used to prepare for the MCTS.

In addition, you should rely heavily on the SQL Server Books Online for any
SQL Server certifications.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA