Velocity Reviews

-   -   Idea: Time clock with bell. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t703146-idea-time-clock-with-bell.html)

Skybuck Flying 10-27-2009 08:01 PM

Idea: Time clock with bell.

Hello,

There is a story on the internet/www about pilots losing track of time...
something that has happened to me quite often as well when being busy with a
computer.

A solution might be to include a "jingle or bell" at fixed time intervals...
Like old clocks do...

So for example windows could play a "jingle or bell" each hour...

Or maybe user specified...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Bob I 10-27-2009 08:12 PM

Re: Idea: Time clock with bell.

Pick the one you fancy
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...arm&aqi=g2g-m8

Skybuck Flying 10-27-2009 09:35 PM

Re: Idea: Time clock with bell.

Yes but now I run the risk of spyware and viruses... and would have to
install this on any other computer I might be at ;)

I was also thinking about maybe a voice which says:

"It's now 4 o clock"

or

"It's now 4 o clock and 5 minutes" ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Tom Willett 10-27-2009 09:53 PM

Re: Idea: Time clock with bell.

How about plain common sense?
Pilots should know better.

news:6170c$4ae767b0$d53372a9$21784@cache5.tilbu1.n b.home.nl...
:
: "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: news:uuHhhH0VKHA.4360@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
: > Pick the one you fancy
: >
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...arm&aqi=g2g-m8
: >
: > Skybuck Flying wrote:
: >> Hello,
: >>

David B. Mathews 10-27-2009 10:48 PM

Re: Time clock with bell.

Wife has a Cookoo Clock and I have a Grandfather clock in which both chime
on the 1/2 hour and count the hour plus grandfather plays tune on hour and
guess what. After hearing it for all these years we don't even hear it
anymore. My guess your idea would work the same. Now if it opened a screen
that covered the whole monitor at set time where you have to click on the X
in the upper right corner to close it would be the only way it would work
for me.
===================
news:4d55c$4ae7519c$d53372a9$32371@cache4.tilbu1.n b.home.nl...

Anthony Buckland 10-27-2009 11:14 PM

Re: Idea: Time clock with bell.

"Skybuck Flying" <BloodyShame@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6170c$4ae767b0$d53372a9$21784@cache5.tilbu1.n b.home.nl...
> Yes but now I run the risk of spyware and viruses... and would have to
> install this on any other computer I might be at ;)
>
> I was also thinking about maybe a voice which says:
>
> "It's now 4 o clock"
>
> or
>
> "It's now 4 o clock and 5 minutes" ;)

I Googled talking clocks and noted various downloadable applications,
but then it hit me, this is the Christmas shopping season, just the
time of year when cheap gadgets that do this kind of thing inhabit
the shelves of places like the Source (Canadian successor to
Radio Shack). Get a talking clock. A literal, standalone device.
Put it on your work surface where you can hear it. Turn it on.
No virus problems other than possible H1N1 from the last person
to pass by who couldn't stand listening to the thing, or who
decided to give you a Halloween treat by switching it to Santiago
time and changing the language to Spanish.

Antares 531 10-27-2009 11:53 PM

Re: Idea: Time clock with bell.

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:01:46 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
<BloodyShame@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>There is a story on the internet/www about pilots losing track of time...
>something that has happened to me quite often as well when being busy with a
>computer.
>
>A solution might be to include a "jingle or bell" at fixed time intervals...
>Like old clocks do...
>
>So for example windows could play a "jingle or bell" each hour...
>
>Or maybe user specified...
>
>Bye,
> Skybuck.

In the olden days pirates got along quite well with a talking parrot
on their shoulder. Would this work for you? Of course there is that
problem of parrot excrement. Maybe computer viruses aren't so nasty,
after all??? Gordon

biermanoski 10-28-2009 10:05 AM

Re: Idea: Time clock with bell.

It must be just Me...I find myself looking down to the right (System Tray)
every 15 minutes or so.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't help my computer addiction :(((

Maybe, I need one of those rubber mallets, to hit Me in the head every 15
minutes instead. hehehe

Jean

Bob I 10-28-2009 12:15 PM

Re: Idea: Time clock with bell.

Then you should forget the clock business, and get your PC security up
to par first! ;-)

Gary Mount 10-28-2009 12:32 PM

Re: Idea: Time clock with bell.

I think there are Windows Vista and Windows 7 desktop or sidebar gadgets
that do this kind of thing.