Velocity Reviews

-   -   Since I installed XP x64 updates it's been acting a bit weird... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t702696-since-i-installed-xp-x64-updates-its-been-acting-a-bit-weird.html)

Skybuck Flying 10-23-2009 09:17 PM

Since I installed XP x64 updates it's been acting a bit weird...

Almost seems as if Microsoft deliberately makes problems on XP x64 to
promote windows 7 ?!?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Charlie Russel - MVP 10-24-2009 03:20 AM

Re: Since I installed XP x64 updates it's been acting a bit weird...

Actually, there was something even worse - Windows XP for 64-bit Computers,
I think it was called. IAC, it was Itanium only, and hopeless for desktop
work.

There's no conspiracy here, but XP x64 was never intended to be a mainstream
OS. That's why there was never a retail version. That being said, it was
essentially just Windows Server 2003 SP1, with slightly different tuning and
the games back. ;) As such, a solid and dependable OS, but not flashy. And
drivers have continuted to be an issue.

--
Charlie.
http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64