Velocity Reviews

-   -   Freebies- but where's the 64bit version? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t702549-freebies-but-wheres-the-64bit-version.html)

Tom Orle 10-22-2009 05:28 PM

Freebies- but where's the 64bit version?

Hi all,

I just started messing with my copy of Win 7 and am glad to have found
this newsgroup.

I attended an MS product intro presentation for Win 7 for IT
developers or professionals(*) on Sept 28 here in Atlanta.
It's still beeing held in several cities in the US in case you're
interested.
At the end of sitting thru the 4- 5hr presentations ythey give you a
free copy of Win 7 Ultimate. But the DVD only has the 32 bit version
on it. However we were told that we could download the 64 bit version
for free using the product key that came with theDVD. Problem is that
we haven't told us where to download it from - no MS site seems to
know about this deal. Anybody have any ideas??

If interested, you can sign up for the remaining presentations here:
http://www.microsoft.com/business/thenewefficiency/

If you do, go ask where to download the 64 bit version from ;-)

(*) BTW - they don't seem to take this 'for IT professionals' too
seriously! There were several folks here at the Atlanta presentation
that I doubt were developers or professionals - like 16 to 18 year old
kids who admitted to attending just to get their free $200+ copies of
Win 7.

-=tom=-

Norbert Fischer 10-27-2009 05:54 PM

Re: Freebies- but where's the 64bit version?

Hi Tom,

try his Link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e...?ITPID=wtcfeed

;-)

Tom Orle 10-28-2009 02:30 AM

Re: Freebies- but where's the 64bit version?

Hi Norbert,

>try his Link
>
>http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e...?ITPID=wtcfeed
>
>;-)

Aha, you sent me to a 'trial' site - I guess that's why you added the
smiley ;-)

The DVDs we were given were for the full version.

-=tom=-