Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install correctlyeven with 64-bit driver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t702535-windows-vista-64-bit-canon-pixma-ip2600-fails-to-install-correctlyeven-with-64-bit-driver.html)

cprelude 10-22-2009 02:37 PM

Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install correctlyeven with 64-bit driver

I have been trying, but failing, to install a Canon Pixma IP2600
printer under Windows Vista 64-bit, and using the downloaded 64-bit
driver from the Canon site. The install is slow but does complete. And
the message pops up "device successfully installed" in the system
tray.
But, when we go to the Printers window the device fails to appear. I
have an open call with Canon at the moment, but also wondering if I
can get any advice on this horrible problem here. The client is
understandably resisting buying a new USB printer just to get this
thing to work!
Note, I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, several
times: I.e., removing the Driver software from the Uninstall
Programmes section in Control Panel. Makes no difference!
Any advice on this much appreciated. Nb, to all intents and purposes
this is not a printer problem, as the printer worked fine under
Windows XP 32-bit.

Carlos 10-22-2009 06:28 PM

RE: Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install correctly

Hi,
Turn off the PC and unplug the USB printer cable.
Boot into Vista x64.
Once you have the Desktop and disk activity has come to a stop (or so), plug
the USB printer cable so that Vista can detect the printer.
Can you see the printer now?
Carlos

cprelude 10-22-2009 10:44 PM

RE: Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install corre

Hi Carlos...

I have already tried this and unfortunately the problem is still as it
was...No sign of the printer in the list.
Paul

Carlos 10-22-2009 11:59 PM

RE: Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install corre

So what happens when you plug in the printer?
No activity?
No question mark in Device Manager?
How about pressing F5 (Scan for new hardware) in Device Manager?
Carlos

cprelude 10-23-2009 09:37 AM

RE: Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install corre

Hi Carlos, I can answer one of those. When I plug in the printer, we get
asked the usual question about searching for drivers. I tell Windows to find
the drivers on the PC. It does so, th printer is installed, and a we get a
message in Task Tray popping up saying "your device has been successfully
installed". I have not tried scanning for new hardware after that as I am
being told "your device has been successfully installed"....!

Best wishes,

Paul