Velocity Reviews

-   -   Session/Login still times out at 20 minutes even after changing defaults (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t70220-session-login-still-times-out-at-20-minutes-even-after-changing-defaults.html)

Andy Green 01-09-2004 08:41 PM

Session/Login still times out at 20 minutes even after changing defaults

Hello! I've got a problem with an ASP.NET app...

The app is running in conjunction with the Session State server, and they
both run on the same machine.

I've changed the default timeouts in my Web.config file to be
timeout="120" for 120 minutes, but the users still time out (and thus
have to re-login) after 20 minutes.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

Andy, green@ids.net

Andy Green 01-09-2004 10:00 PM

Re: Session/Login still times out at 20 minutes even after changing defaults

Oh yeah, I forgot the most important part; when running the app, I wrote a
quick page to display the session.timeout and it shows 120, which is what I
set it to - yet it still times out at 20 minutes...

George Durzi 01-10-2004 02:18 AM

Re: Session/Login still times out at 20 minutes even after changing defaults

Are you using Forms Authentication? Check the timeout setting for that?

Alvin Bruney 01-10-2004 03:25 PM

Re: Session/Login still times out at 20 minutes even after changing defaults

there is also the
idleTimeout

which must be set appropriately as well, This causes the session to time out
if the app is sitting idle for the specified period of time.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney