Velocity Reviews

-   -   Switching voices in the speech SDK (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t702137-switching-voices-in-the-speech-sdk.html)

Michelle 10-19-2009 03:22 PM

Switching voices in the speech SDK

PLEASE HELP! I've asked this question on the Excel programming group,
they're usually very knowledgeable and helpful,but everyone always ignores
this one! maybe nobody knows the answer.

I want to use the speech facility in MS Office to read out cells from
Excel - within a VBA to tool I'm using. It works fine, but I need to ensure
that the right voice is used.

Does anyone know the code or API or whatever to make it switch to a
particular voice e.g. "Microsoft Sam" or "Michelle" I really hope someone
can help..

Thanks, Michelle

Steve Foster 10-20-2009 11:04 PM

Re: Switching voices in the speech SDK

Michelle wrote:

>PLEASE HELP! I've asked this question on the Excel programming group,
>they're usually very knowledgeable and helpful,but everyone always ignores
>this one! maybe nobody knows the answer.
>
>I want to use the speech facility in MS Office to read out cells from
>Excel - within a VBA to tool I'm using. It works fine, but I need to
>ensure that the right voice is used.
>
>Does anyone know the code or API or whatever to make it switch to a
>particular voice e.g. "Microsoft Sam" or "Michelle" I really hope someone
>can help..

Well, if the Excel group can't help, your best hope is to try in a
Speech-related group:

microsoft.public.speech_tech
microsoft.public.speech_tech.sdk

--