Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Daemon call python program (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t701273-re-daemon-call-python-program.html)

找尋自己的一片天 10-12-2009 09:03 AM

Re: Daemon call python program

※ 引*z《command (找尋自己的一片天)》之銘言:
: I have a daemon process which will call a python program.
: What do I do if I want to dump the exception when the python program exist
: by uncaught exception.
: Thanks a lot!

By the way, the python program is multi-thread

--
※Post by command from 59-124-255-226.HINET-IP.
老鼠的**豪饕T洞˙電子佈告欄系統˙alexbbs.twbbs.org˙140.113.166.7

Jorgen Grahn 10-12-2009 08:01 PM

On Mon, 2009-10-12, 找尋自己的一片天 wrote:
> ?? ???z?mcommand (???M???v???@????)?n???????G
> : I have a daemon process which will call a python program.
> : What do I do if I want to dump the exception when the python program exist
> : by uncaught exception.
> : Thanks a lot!
>
> By the way, the python program is multi-thread

It doesn't really matter if it's multi-threaded, or even that it is
Python. You would have the same problem with any program which may
print stuff to standard output or standard error, and/or exit.

I think it depends completely on the design of your daemon, and why
it calls another program. And what it does while that other program
is running.

inetd/xinetd on Unix is one example, but they feed the program's output
(all of it, both standard output and standard error, IIRC) to the remote
client. Same with CGI, I think.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .