Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Question regarding Site Warning from Google (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t701181-re-question-regarding-site-warning-from-google.html)

Mike Easter 10-11-2009 10:45 AM

~BD~ wrote:
> Here is another site upon which I'm receiving a Warning regarding
> malware http://i35.tinypic.com/4fj7n.jpg :-

You are being confused.

That warning refers to the IP 74.222.134.170 -- which is your old friend
170.CUSTOMER.VPLS.NET

If you would click on the IP's link in the warning it would take you to
a googlepage which explained the basis of the googlewarning.

> hxxp://thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com/ (Obfuscated)

That site is at IP 74.125.19.191 which IP is not the same as the above.
The krazykraftlady site's IP rDNS tonuq04s01-in-f191.google.com which of
course belongs to a /16 google netblock...

OrgName: Google Inc.
NetRange: 74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255
CIDR: 74.125.0.0/16

.... whereas the IP in your tinypic belongs to your buddies VPLS or Krypt
Technologies which is the same vpls/krpttech that you saw in another
different tinypic you posted.

However, this time there is something to see at a google diagnostic link
if you put in the krazykraftlady's URL

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/d...thekrazykraftl
ady.blogspot.com/
or
http://snipr.com/sg6qs Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com
current listing status - suspicious
over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being
downloaded and installed
Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on
the target machine.
Over the past 90 days, thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com did not appear
to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

> Any comments welcomed

You need to learn what it means to investigate a site using the google
safe browsing tool which I have illustrated above and separately you
need to learn how to use your popup information to find out what it is
all about, which is a separate subject from the information to be found
at the google safebrowsing link process I described above, and you need
to find out what is going on with your machine that is giving you the
VPLS/ Krypt Tech alerts which I expect has nothing to do with the
krazykraftlady safebrowsing information.

--
Mike Easter

Buffalo 10-11-2009 03:05 PM

~BD~ wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> ~BD~ wrote:
>>> Here is another site upon which I'm receiving a Warning regarding
>>> malware http://i35.tinypic.com/4fj7n.jpg :-

>> You are being confused.
>>

> No, I am not confused.
>
> I am well aware that I used exactly the same pic that I'd used before
> - it was intended to merely be symbolical.
>
> My question was "Do others here, using different browsers, get
> this/any other form of warning if they visit the link above?"
>
> You failed to address same.

I use FF ver 3.5.3 on my Win2000Pro system and I get the warning box.
My only 3 add-ons are:
1)Adobe download manager
2)Java Quick Start
3)PDF download 2.2.0.2

Buffalo
PS: It is the same warning box that Whiskers says he got.